***** Official Election Game Day Thread *****

Now we just need Nevada and Arizona to finalize, and it's looking like this phase of the election can be put to bed. 

Though if I were Biden, I'd be watching/pulling for a PA and MI victories to make sure there's a buffer in case Trump wins a challenge. A Blue Wall, if you will. 

2 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I was speaking towards our day-to-day lives. When's the last time you thought to yourself, " You know, that probably would of went a lot different for me if it wasn't for the President."

I know my day-to-day changed with my late mother dying from COVID because the President thought it was a hoax, disbanded the teams that would handle this pandemic, and didn't bother to even try containing it.  

But hey, the President called her a nobody, so I guess she doesn't matter to Trump cultists. :dunno

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I was speaking towards our day-to-day lives. When's the last time you thought to yourself, " You know, that probably would of went a lot different for me if it wasn't for the President."

I have been exactly 2 places that weren't a curbside pickup at a restaurant, a doctor's office or my work since March. The backs of my hands look like a dried-out crater in the Mojave, and my ears have divots in them. I fear every day that someone I care about is going to get sick and die from a highly communicable disease. If it wasn't for the President, I might be feeling a lot different. 

• Plus1 5

I don't think I am.

The amount of deaths from COVID in this country is due a lack of personal responsibility, and regard for our fellow citizens.

And malfeasance by impotent Federal leadership in the White House. 

• Plus1 1

I don't think I am.

The amount of deaths from COVID in this country is due a lack of personal responsibility, and regard for our fellow citizens.

The cheeto calling it a hoax, saying it would magically disappear, lambasting governors who participated in lockdowns, told all of his cultists that it was just the flu, etc etc etc all from his pulpit in the White House absolutely had an effect on our response to this virus.

The US has half the world's infections and 1/4 of the world's deaths from COVID. That's entirely because of how trump responded.

• Plus1 2
Just now, Cdog923 said:

I have been exactly 2 places that weren't a curbside pickup at a restaurant, a doctor's office or my work since March. The backs of my hands look like a dried-out crater in the Mojave, and my ears have divots in them. I fear every day that someone I care about is going to get sick and die from a highly communicable disease. If it wasn't for the President, I might be feeling a lot different. 

That's good of you. I feel I've been equally as responsible, but in my area, I see a complete disregard for public health. It's embarrassing, but not the President's fault, in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

9c9.gif

You're missing it.

That's good of you. I feel I've been equally as responsible, but in my area, I see a complete disregard for public health. It's embarrassing, but not the President's fault, in my opinion.

And this, folks, is why in excess of 60 million people just voted for trump. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

Regardless of how you or I feel about him, the President is a leader; at the very least, it's the office and not the person. Trump has dangerously used his bully pulpit to downplay, disregard and flat-out ignore this pandemic at virtually every. single. step. I thank you for being responsible, but how many people have listened to Trump and completely disregarded virtually anything that would help mitigate the outbreak of Covid? How many of those 230,000+ people would still be alive if someone didn't listen to Donald Trump? 

• Plus1 5
2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Regardless of how you or I feel about him, the President is a leader; at the very least, it's the office and not the person. Trump has dangerously used his bully pulpit to downplay, disregard and flat-out ignore this pandemic at virtually every. single. step. I thank you for being responsible, but how many people have listened to Trump and completely disregarded virtually anything that would help mitigate the outbreak of Covid? How many of those 230,000+ people would still be alive if someone didn't listen to Donald Trump? 

I don't necessarily disagree with you, I just see it as an indictment on the individual (s).

I'm pretty consistent on personal accountability (if some of you remember our discussions around the black community).

10 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Part of the problem here is people only thinking about themselves, and not others. 

I personally have an abundance of privilege and am unlikely to be directly threatened by Trumpism. However, I have friends, family, neighbors, and colleagues who may certainly be harmed by his policies and his rhetoric. Not to mention people of color all over the country, the LGBTQ community, immigrants. So many people who I do not even know are threatened by Trump's ideology. I care what happens to them. 

This election isn't just about me. It isn't just about you. It's about all of us. Trump hurts this country and he hurts my community because he relishes in cruelty toward people in this country. Yes, it matters who is president.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

You're missing it.

Do you think any of those people would have taken greater responsibility if Trump would have asked them to?  I mean actually made a plea and described that it isn't about "personal freedom" but "community responsibility".

I know we can't know the answer to this, but I don't think it's going out on a limb to say Trump's effort at promoting mitigation methods was feeble at best.

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The cheeto calling it a hoax, saying it would magically disappear, lambasting governors who participated in lockdowns, told all of his cultists that it was just the flu, etc etc etc all from his pulpit in the White House absolutely had an effect on our response to this virus.

The US has half the world's infections and 1/4 of the world's deaths from COVID. That's entirely because of how trump responded.

If people aren't smart enough to know who they should or shouldn't listen to, it's on them. The rest of the world hears him too

• Plus1 1