***** Official Election Game Day Thread *****

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I don't think that scenario is going to play out.  Looks like Biden's lead is building in Michigan, and he's likely to overcome trump in Pennsylvania.

The map already counts MI as a win for Biden. But if he wins PA it will end up being 290 or 306 (depending on GA). NV looks extremely close but a lot of the remaining votes are from the LV county.

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

On my way to work on the radio this morning, the news guy was reporting on the abortion bill losing but he said 22 years instead of 22 weeks. I wanted to call my daughter in Lincoln and tell her she wasn’t in the clear yet :lol:

That grey wolves thing is kind of ridiculous imo. There are already some

here naturally. The only thing the bill would accomplish is using taxpayer dollars to reimburse cattlemen for their losses. I voted against it but it seemed to me to be a pretty trivial thing to put on a ballot. Don’t think it matters much either way.

I think the only reason that Q-Anon quoting psycho won is because she is much cuter than her opponent. Scary but that is where our country is at.

The 22 weeks restriction didn't bother me, but they tried to cram all these other restrictions in with it which would essentially ban abortion altogether. Most of the people freaking out about it just read 22 weeks and now they're screaming "Murderers!" 

The gray wolves was weird. I'm not sure that should be up to an average joe like myself but some scientists or forestry people. 

You're dead on about the QAnon lady winning on looks. Her opponent looks like every wacky hippie mountain lady I've ever met :lol:

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

The last paragraph is why I don't understand people who say they're not voting for the personality but the platform. He hasn't actually really done what he claimed he would or what he says he's done, for the most part.

Trump's presidency is the best reason for what I've long suspected.... It doesn't matter who is President. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Trump's presidency is the best reason for what I've long suspected.... It doesn't matter who is President. 

Yeah. Kids being separated from their families, corporations getting more permanent tax cuts, friends of POTUS being pardoned, millions upon millions being funnelled the the president's family businesses, a post master general trying to destroy the post office and election integrity, taxpayers paying for a useless wall, 200k dead from a terrible "strategy" to fight covidz farmers hurting from a trade war, consumers actually paying for tariffs. None of that is related to the president.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

The seismic shift in the Supreme Court would prove this wrong by itself, but a bunch of other things are impacted by the president too. Who's president is a big deal, it is just given more weight than it should be some of the time. People tend to blame or give credit to the president for literally everything, but there are usually a lot of other factors involved.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Oregon decriminalized possession of small amounts of meth, cocaine, and heroin. Will be an interesting experiment. I don't know what decriminalizing really means though - is it that they just get a fine and can't go to jail for it?

You basically get a "speeding ticket" for having heroin.  It will be a 100 dollar fine.