***** Official Election Game Day Thread *****

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I voted Eastman but she wasn't my favorite. Bacon has been good about responding to my emails, and doesn't come off as slimy to me. 

Eastman on twitter saying a protester was murdered in cold blood, at the heights of protesting/riots in Omaha stood out to me. I thought it was irresponsible to fuel the fires in her position, without any of the facts known. 

I'm with you and Enhance.  I voted Eastman solely as a protest to GOP.  

I got into a little bit of a scuffle with my wife while watching the Bacon/Eastman debate.  I made the comment that Kara Eastman was lucky Trump was on the ballot or there would be no way I'd vote for her over Bacon.  And Bacon sounded like a canned answer politician, she was that bad...

1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Eastman on twitter saying a protester was murdered in cold blood, at the heights of protesting/riots in Omaha stood out to me. I thought it was irresponsible to fuel the fires in her position, without any of the facts known. 

Agreed, this was a big problem for me as well, and it harkens back to something I mentioned earlier in this thread - portions of the left have become caricatures of themselves, behaving in ways that undermine their positions and policies. (Naturally, the right can be guilty of this too, without question).

Not to get too off track here, but I would throw in the NDP's treatment of Don Kleine as a major red flag for the party this election. Kleine was a democrat. He was incredibly practical and, in my opinion, legally correct with his interpretation of the Scurlock case and yet he was still reamed by the NDP for his determinations. Wasn't a good look.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Enhance said:

100% agree. IMO she has now twice done a poor job of relating to more moderate voters. She comes off as radicalized and unlikeable to a large swath of voters.

For me, the Ashford support was monumentally game changing. I was already leaning Bacon prior to it, but that announcement was a final nail in the coffin. I've long been a fan of Ashford's.

I think the resolution basically calling Don Kleine a racist backfired for older Dems too. The party attacked one of the longest tenured elected Democrats in the state and it royally pissed off some of the longest tenured members of the party here.

Seems there is a young active segment of the Dems in town that think Omaha is Brooklyn lite and a segment thats much more moderate that aligns much closer to a Clinton Democrat. Probably need to find a more moderate competitor, but I am not sure they would get out of the primary.

• Plus1 2
49 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

The problem is cell phones and technology have changed the polling game and they haven't adjusted methodologies to address it. 

I think you nailed it.  If I get a text message political survey from a reputable source, I’ll gladly fill it out on my own time.  But I’m not taking phone calls.  Ever. 

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I voted Eastman but she wasn't my favorite. Bacon has been good about responding to my emails, and doesn't come off as slimy to me. 

Don spoke at my school...he was a "surprise speaker"

Bad timing for him though because this was like two years ago and word spread that the guest speaker was Scott Frost...So out walks Don and well...he isn't Scott.  So he sort of played it up and apologized for not being Coach Frost.  

10 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I'll just say that Harris is THEE reason I didn't vote for Biden.

I know more people who chose NOT to vote for Biden because of Harris than voted FOR Biden because of Harris. I'm not a fan of Harris' either (at all, in fact) but I personally still feel more comfortable with them than I do Trump.

• Fire 1
1 minute ago, Enhance said:

I know more people who chose NOT to vote for Biden because of Harris than voted FOR Biden because of Harris. I'm not a fan of Harris' either (at all, in fact) but I personally still feel more comfortable with them than I do Trump.

This is kind of what I thought all along. While I think Harris will be fine, I don't think she helped the campaign at all. California was already going Dem. Picking Stacy Abrams or other huge swing state qualified candidate could have been a game changer. 

12 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Agree 1000%. I was pissed at her for doing this as well.   I only voted for her because I decided to go Blue across the board this year because of Trump.  I do think Bacon is a good guy and I voted for him last time.  

I think this is pretty cool. Props to her. I wish that being transgender wasn't a 'thing'... meaning, I wish we as a society wouldn't use it against people for whatever reason (i.e. work place discrimination). People are people and should all be treated with respect. I think this is a big step forward for normalization and acceptance.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

well...democracy had a good run.   if a president can appoint so many key sycophants that things like this are happening everywhere....it doesn't matter if joe wins or not...democracy is broken if a power hungry madman can exploit the system this badly.   .   

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

This is kind of what I thought all along. While I think Harris will be fine, I don't think she helped the campaign at all. California was already going Dem. Picking Stacy Abrams or other huge swing state qualified candidate could have been a game changer. 

I thought of this last night also - Harris doesn't bring Biden any real help which makes me think Harris was forced on to him by the  DNC as some people had noted (perhaps Russian disinformation)  I thought Demmings would have made a difference in Florida, Bottoms in Georgia (as wells as Abrams but I think Atlanta mayor Bottoms would have been a better draw) and the Michigan governor would have been a big help in Mich (which Joe may carry regardless).

• Plus1 1