***** Official Election Game Day Thread *****

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

You basically get a "speeding ticket" for having heroin.  It will be a 100 dollar fine.

No problem with that. For stuff that isn't marijuana, a repeat offender should be required to do Narcotics Anonymous or Rehab. But people shouldn't go to jail for having a trace amount of drugs on their person. 

If you truly want to curb the drug trade, then go after the suppliers and sellers, not the people buying the product. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Ok I thought I'd listen to Rush.  He just said Wis has 1.1 million registered voters but 1.3 million voted.  So they are taking the fraud vote angle now :movegoalpost::goalposts:

his listeners will probably buy that....but according to this sight wisconsin has a few more than that

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/number-of-registered-voters-by-state

Wisconsin 70.50% 3,129,000

9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Ok I thought I'd listen to Rush.  He just said Wis has 1.1 million registered voters but 1.3 million voted.  So they are taking the fraud vote angle now :movegoalpost::goalposts:

a) That is a rumor going around that is completely false. There are something like 600,000 more registered in WI than voted.

b) in Wisconsin you can register the day you vote. The # of registered voters is from Nov. 1.

Just now, commando said:

his listeners will probably buy that....but according to this sight wisconsin has a few more than that

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/number-of-registered-voters-by-state

They said Arizona gave illegal sharpies to GOP voters, in Michigan they said there was impossible dump of Biden only ballots, in Wisconsin they said more votes than registered voters, and in Pennsylvania they say they are counting illegal post election votes. 

All disproven pretty easily, but another large disinformation campaign on social media to help Trump yell fraud. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, commando said:

Or even better, from Wisconsin's election commission website.

https://elections.wi.gov/node/7220

3.6+ million registered voters on 11/1/2020.  

8 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

No problem with that. For stuff that isn't marijuana, a repeat offender should be required to do Narcotics Anonymous or Rehab. But people shouldn't go to jail for having a trace amount of drugs on their person. 

If you truly want to curb the drug trade, then go after the suppliers and sellers, not the people buying the product. 

Perhaps...start up

Portland Vice...with a new Crockett and Tubs

30 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Oregon decriminalized possession of small amounts of meth, cocaine, and heroin. Will be an interesting experiment. I don't know what decriminalizing really means though - is it that they just get a fine and can't go to jail for it?

Haven't looked into it too deep, but my understanding is that possession of those drugs doesn't mean jail time now. Instead, it'll mean that you have to go through a rehabilitation period so that addicts aren't filling cells. You want the dealers in those cells instead.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

This is getting amusing as I figured it would:  Rush now says Michigan found 100,000 more ballots ALL with Biden's name on it. 

Next they will be saying all of the dead people in graves got up and voted in PA for Biden.

They've tried this argument before. I'm guessing the rumor isn't even true, but there was one county in 2012 where 100% of the votes for Obama, but it was not even a statistical improbability because like 95% in that county were Democrats.

• Plus1 1

If you’re wondering how exactly a “blue shift” in Pennsylvania could be significant enough for Biden to overcome Trump’s 8-point lead there, consider this small batch of votes that just came in from Allegheny County (Pittsburgh). About 4,700 new votes were reported there, and Biden won nearly 80 percent of them. It’s important for readers to understand that a lot of the outstanding mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania are not only from populous Democratic-leaning areas, but are also going to be even more Democratic than those areas on the whole because Democrats were far more likely to vote by mail. While there are some outstanding votes from more rural GOP areas, it’s the large number of strongly Democratic mail-in ballots that could boost Biden enough to overtake Trump. Will that happen? We’ll have to wait and see.

The Trump campaign thinks he still has a chance in AZ but I'm not seeing it as likely. There are an estimated 450,000 votes left. 263,000 are in Phoenix's county where Biden is up 52% to 46%. 56,000 are in Pima county where Biden is up 60% to 38%. I don't expect a big shift due to early voting because Trump had a very narrow edge there not a big one. So Biden may pick up another 15,780 and 12,320 in those counties.

At that point Biden would be up 244,100 votes with 130,000 votes left to count. There would have to be an enormous Trump advantage to make the % above swing enough to make it possible for a Trump win.

26 minutes ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Haven't looked into it too deep, but my understanding is that possession of those drugs doesn't mean jail time now. Instead, it'll mean that you have to go through a rehabilitation period so that addicts aren't filling cells. You want the dealers in those cells instead.

I feel like users are probably also dealing.  

I know we sort of like to think it is New Jack City with one kingpin...but if I had to guess I would say that 75% of the people that use meth or heroin...also sell some.

I would, now I would not make my own but I would happily sell some of the stuff I bought.