***** Official Election Game Day Thread *****

4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

True, and if these last two elections have taught me anything, it is that I don't think I have a strong enough gauge of why Americans feel the way they do about certain candidates.

For example, many would argue (and perhaps fairly so) that a vote for Trump means a vote for supporting racism. Do I think 67+ million people think that? No, I do not.

Similarly, I do not think Trump has been an objectively good president. He has certainly had successes but has simultaneously fell flat on a number of key initiatives and promises he made for his first term. He is also not a good global ambassador for this country. But, clearly, a lot of people don't think that matters much... when to me, it matters quite a bit.

The last paragraph is why I don't understand people who say they're not voting for the personality but the platform. He hasn't actually really done what he claimed he would or what he says he's done, for the most part.

• Plus1 2

Trump's biggest failure without question was his reaction and mishandling of Covid.  You know you live in crazy country when you have that fact staring people/voters right in their face yet this race is still somehow close...

No words.  A lot of scary thoughts about this country though.  

• Plus1 4
26 minutes ago, Enhance said:

He is also not a good global ambassador for this country. But, clearly, a lot of people don't think that matters much... when to me, it matters quite a bit.

Not only is he not a good global ambassador, but, he is also is a bad representation to the citizens of the USA.  He is not a President for all of the people and proudly proclaims that he is not - just those who support him.  To me this is biggest failure - his  fail of leadership - both in showing strength and also in showing compassion. 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Trump's biggest failure without question was his reaction and mishandling of Covid.  You know you live in crazy country when you have that fact staring people/voters right in their face yet this race is still somehow close...

No words.  A lot of scary thoughts about this country though.  

Ya... I already thought we were doomed, now I'm feeling it even more. 'Cause you're a dream to me, dream to me.

• Fire 1

I think all of those Vegas lines were due to people not understanding the electoral vote, and the math of early/mail in votes and when they're counted. Even people who understood the electoral vote may have been viewing this like a normal election where the % in a county stays the same throughout.

That said it's not over yet, but the lines seemed to change quite a bit like it was in the bag for Trump.

This is still a possibility and not even unlikely. In fact I think based on who is ahead right now, this would be the final tally.

That said Biden could still win Pennsylvania and/or Georgia and/or Maine's final vote, and I think Trump still has a shot in NV or AZ but it's looking unlikely.

og1KR.png

2 hours ago, GSG said:

Everything went pretty well here in Colorado. We shot down a poorly put together abortion ban where all people see is the 22-weeks number and freak out cuz they're too lazy to read the whole thing. We now have paid family leave for small businesses. We lowered income taxes. Raised taxes on tobacco and vaping bulls#!t. We might be reintroducing gray wolves to our state :dunno 

The only real loss in the state was one of our districts elected a gun-humping, Q-Anon-quoting, psycho who doesn't have any education past her GED to be US representative 

On my way to work on the radio this morning, the news guy was reporting on the abortion bill losing but he said 22 years instead of 22 weeks. I wanted to call my daughter in Lincoln and tell her she wasn’t in the clear yet :lol:

That grey wolves thing is kind of ridiculous imo. There are already some here naturally. The only thing the bill would accomplish is using taxpayer dollars to reimburse cattlemen for their losses. I voted against it but it seemed to me to be a pretty trivial thing to put on a ballot. Don’t think it matters much either way.

I think the only reason that Q-Anon quoting psycho won is because she is much cuter than her opponent. Scary but that is where our country is at.

• Haha 2