***** Official Election Game Day Thread *****

I don't see how Biden is going to get Pennsylvania.  If there is 20% left to count, that would be ~1.4M votes.  To make up the ~460K current deficit, Biden would need to win nearly 70% of those remaining 1.4M votes.  I know a lot of those votes are in Philly and other Biden hot beds, but carrying that percentage seems nearly impossible to me.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't see how Biden is going to get Pennsylvania.  If there is 20% left to count, that would be ~1.4M votes.  To make up the ~460K current deficit, Biden would need to win nearly 70% of those remaining 1.4M votes.  I know a lot of those votes are in Philly and other Biden hot beds, but carrying that percentage seems nearly impossible to me.

I saw a tweet (but can't find it now) explaining that the mail-in vote is around 72% for Biden.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Remember, these are absentee and mail-in ballots, which were already overwhelmingly pro-Biden. Add to that the fact that these are mail-in ballots/absentee ballots from Biden strongholds, and 70% is entirely plausible and possible IMO. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It's actually quite feasible. I don't know if he's going to win PA but the county Philadelphia is in is only 61% reported and Biden has 77.6% of the vote. The mail in vote will skew even more Democrat. Clinton won 82% of the vote there.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Over 238,000 Americans died proving your statement wrong.

Oh, bulls#!t

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

The seismic shift in the Supreme Court would prove this wrong by itself, but a bunch of other things are impacted by the president too. Who's president is a big deal, it is just given more weight than it should be some of the time. People tend to blame or give credit to the president for literally everything, but there are usually a lot of other factors involved.

Touche, on the Supreme Court.

2 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Remember, these are absentee and mail-in ballots, which were already overwhelmingly pro-Biden. Add to that the fact that these are mail-in ballots/absentee ballots from Biden strongholds, and 70% is entirely plausible and possible IMO. 

I guess it's possible, but IMO not probable.

I did see that the next release of Arizona counted ballots will be at 9 PM Eastern and 12:30 AM Eastern.  Fivethirtyeight estimates ~600K ballots to be counted, with 450K of those in Maricopa County (Phoenix area).  I understand Trump and his allies are saying what they need to say, but that would be quite a turnaround in Arizona.

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Yeah. Kids being separated from their families, corporations getting more permanent tax cuts, friends of POTUS being pardoned, millions upon millions being funnelled the the president's family businesses, a post master general trying to destroy the post office and election integrity, taxpayers paying for a useless wall, 200k dead from a terrible "strategy" to fight covidz farmers hurting from a trade war, consumers actually paying for tariffs. None of that is related to the president.

I was speaking towards our day-to-day lives. When's the last time you thought to yourself, " You know, that probably would of went a lot different for me if it wasn't for the President."

• Plus1 1