***** Official Election Game Day Thread *****

13 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I realize this isn't the right thread, but Steve Bannon was just banned from twitter for suggesting Fauci and the Director of the FBI should be beheaded.

Step #1- Banned from Twitter. Check.

Step #2- Banned from the planet....

were-waiting-gif-6.gif

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

No but their cannot be evidence at this point in time. There's only rumors flying around social media. But certain states have only themselves to blame.  Weeks ago they intentionally changed their elections in a way that makes them less credible regardless of who won.

I don't necessarily disagree that some of the voting processes have played a role, but this is the first time we have ever seen a president or presidential candidate (in recent history) promote and propagate completely unsubstantiated rumors about the voting process to these extremes. His children and advisers are sharing obscure and unsubstantiated fraud claims on social media that right wing radicals are picking up and further propagating.

And, several of the claims they have tried to make (like questioning the order in which some states counted certain types of votes) are how those states have always managed their business. But, they push out one tweet and boom... all of a sudden, millions of people suspect treachery.

There's no way to have good faith discussions and work together as a country, despite our differences, when pockets of this country allow this type of behavior to exist and even try to support it.

• Plus1 3
7 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

While funny, I had to turn off CNN's coverage. I realize his program is not explicitly a 'hard news' program without commentary, but the way he and some of his guests have spoken in the last day or two has been almost as uncomfortable as the few times I've unfortunately experienced Hannity.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Enhance said:

While funny, I had to turn off CNN's coverage. I realize his program is not explicitly a 'hard news' program without commentary, but the way he and some of his guests have spoken in the last day or two has been almost as uncomfortable as the few times I've unfortunately experienced Hannity.

Since I don't have cable I sometimes listen to CNN in the car on XM (and Fox News). It's gotten really bad. Not like Hannity/Carlson conspiracy level bad but the overall conversations are pretty toxic, and Jim Acosta is unbearable.

I've been watching ABC for election coverage and it's actually pretty good outside of Krispy Kreme being a Trump Homer. They keep it pretty neutral and fact based. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, ZRod said:

I sometimes listen to CNN in the car on XM (and Fox News), since I don't have cable. It's gotten really bad. Not like Hannity/Carlson conspiracy level bad, but the overall conversations are pretty toxic and Jim Acosta is unbearable.

I've been watching ABC for election coverage and it's actually pretty good outside of Krispy Kreme being a Trump Homer. They keep it pretty neutral and fact based. 

Ditto

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Alabama is in for 4-8 years of terrible football analogies haha. 

I knew it was never going to be a race, but this Bama outcome just really pisses me off. A crappy former football coach beat a man that successfully prosecuted KKK members and domestic terrorists who murdered 4 Black girls and injured 22 more people in 1963 in an Alabama church bombing. There was no justice for nearly 40 years until Doug Jones was able to help put two of the two living POS racists behind bars and bring some semblance of justice after all those years.

Tommy won the Sugar Bowl 15 years ago tho. The SEC, It Just Means More.

Ok, rant over.

• Plus1 3

26 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Not sure what TheSker is getting at, but Clinton underestimated the percentage.

What I'm getting at is how hypocritical politicians are on both sides of the aisle 

Since EVERY vote matters.

Biden (or Trump) will HAPPILY take votes from the "deplorables".  Or ANY other groups Democrats have bashed on Trump for taking votes from.....

I don't really care which of these geriatrics wins.....other political races are just as important.  But the hypocrisy.  Damn.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

That's a bit of an oversimplification, especially in rural America. You're not wrong, but  supposedly feeling sorry for billionaires is waaaay down the list of what most rural, red leaning Americans care about.

Of course they never tell hardworking rural American they're supposed to feel sorry for billionaires, because they won't think that way. But they do flip the narrative on class warfare so that jobs providers and high income tax brackets are being targeted by liberal Dems, who want to give the money to the non-working "takers."  They also elected Donald Trump President, and believe he is being treated terribly by people who are jealous of his success and his hot model wife. So while they don't think they're feeling sorry for billionaires, they end of treating them as the victims of class warfare — when it's actually the hard working rural Americans themselves getting their pockets picked. It's pretty sick, but pretty brilliant. 

Trump Penthouse.jpg

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Omaha-Husker said:

I knew it was never going to be a race, but this Bama outcome just really pisses me off. A crappy former football coach beat a man that successfully prosecuted KKK members and domestic terrorists who murdered 4 Black girls and injured 22 more people in 1963 in an Alabama church bombing. There was no justice for nearly 40 years until Doug Jones was able to help put two of the two living POS racists behind bars and bring some semblance of justice after all those years.

Tommy won the Sugar Bowl 15 years ago tho. The SEC, It Just Means More.

Ok, rant over.

The thing that's so funny about the Tuberville quote is that it's not at all like the whistle has blown and the game is over. But it is exactly like a game that's late in the fourth quarter and your defense is fading. The other team is grinding it out and burning the clock and there's nothing you can do about it. The refs will blow the whistle when the game is over, not in the third quarter when you were ahead.

What a douche. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1