Biden's America

I don't know the exact crux of what exactly fits and what doesn't to the conversation started Tuesday that people need to go back to work if they get a considerate proposal. With the talk of extra benefits from unemployment, historical pay, and inability to lure workers back (i.e. this is where the low paying jobs talk came from) we now are at low unemployment and people unwilling to back to certain jobs. 

I am not the maker of whether this is relevant or not, but I didn't think it was off base base one previous trains of thought. 

41 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Jesus H. This is as dumb as Latin X and people who want to criticize other romantic language for being gendered.

I'll Venmo anyone a dollar if they can name this movie:

The English language is all about subliminal domination. Take the word semester. A perfect example of this school's discriminatory preference of semen to ovaries. That's why I'm petitioning to have next term be referred to as the winter ovester.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Why not.... Continuously handing out free money. Where's the downside?!

You know this is just monthly payment of child tax credits that have already been in the tax code? Not much to see here other than getting it in monthly payments instead of one payment after submitting tax forms.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, deedsker said:

You know this is just monthly payment of child tax credits that have already been in the tax code? Not much to see here other than getting it in monthly payments instead of one payment after submitting tax forms.

It's a boost to the already existing.

The boost to the child tax credit will give eligible parents a total of $3,600 for each child under 6 and $3,000 for each child under age 18 for 2021.
Until now, the credit was up to only $2,000 per child under age 17. Some 90% of families with children are projected to receive an average credit of $2,380 in 2020, according to the Tax Policy Center.

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why wouldn't they want it monthly?

No idea.  

I would rather get it all at once, for coaching I have had it both ways, a check at the end of the season and getting paid monthly,  I always liked the one "big" check.  I think I just used it more wisely.