Biden's America

34 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Well, the issue with HR 2 is that it passed with no Democrat support. It aggressively curbs Asylum, funds the wall, and puts the onus on US Employers to verify - under penalty of prison - that their workers are documented via E-Verify.

While some provisions are viable - increasing the requirements for Asylum seekers, for example - are good, mandating documented employees without simultaneously increasing legal immigration for agricultural workers is pointless. 

If DEMOCRATS are serious about the border, which I don't think they are, they have an opportunity to actually help border states who are overwhelmed and lack resources. They have a perfect opportunity to cut ac deal to limit Asylum, mandate E-Verify, but trade-off increasing caps on Agricultural workers and other forms of legal immigration on other sections of the economy that rely on undocumented labor.

Republicans can get 80% of what they want regarding HR 2, and what they give up is simply common sense. I hope they set aside their election year bulls#!t and get something done.

21 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

This is the exact problem. Republicans aren't serious about Immigration and want to pin the problems on Democrats. 

Democrats are the ones actually trying to cut a deal here, Republicans are actively avoiding one for political purposes. HR 2 is designed to be a Republican wish list that is inadequate to actually address immigration problems. By not being serious about the glaring deficiencies in their bill - which Democrats are willing to address and what Republicans are well aware of - it just shows the partisan nature of their politics and why Republican voters continue to reward political theater over substance.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Democrats are the ones actually trying to cut a deal here

Do you actually believe Democrats would give Republicans what they want on the border in exchange for Republicans allowing the increase in the amount of legal foreign immigrants into the country? 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

You are changing the goalposts and you know know it.   Your first posts on the subject were to links showing other schools closed due to weather related events and making a case the school in question was also closing for a weather related event.   

When in reality it was closing to house immigrants not because kids couldn’t attend school due to weather.  

Edit…..if you had to go to Hindustantimes in order to try and make an argument about NYC area weather, you mighhhhhhht be trying to reach too hard.   Just saying. :) 

I’m not the one moving goal posts.  I posted a tweet claiming it was closed because of that and you claimed I made it up. 

I didn’t make it up. Maybe the guy tweeting did. 

You tried making up that there wasn’t any bad weather in the area….which you were wrong. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

4 hours ago, nic said:

Yeah, why can't we turn off the spigot until the water drains a bit? Our government does not care or we do not have the ability. 

https://siouxcountyradio.com/fox-news-latest/nyc-democrat-demands-biden-close-border-after-migrants-displace-daughter-from-high-school-not-fair-to-us/

"New York State Assemblywoman Jaime Williams urged Biden to close the southern border after her daughter’s school went remote to accommodate nearly 2,000 asylum seekers."

Yeah, why didn't we or don't we turn of the spigot from illegal drugs out of Latin America?

:clap

Millionaires who were behind on their taxes have already paid half-a-billion dollars to get current with the IRS as the agency ratchets up high-level tax compliance.

On Friday, the IRS unveiled new numbers on the amount of back taxes paid by millionaire households ever since a 2022 upgrade for tougher IRS enforcement on businesses and super-wealthy tax dodgers.

IRS officials said they’ve pulled in another $360 million from millionaire households with at least $250,000 in tax debts.

:facepalm:

There’s an uncertain future for a portion of the money tied to that tougher stance, though.

The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 authorized $80 billion to the IRS over a decade. More than half the money was earmarked to revive flagging enforcement of corporations, partnerships and rich households.

Werfel and the Biden administration have pledged no increase on the audit rates for households making less than $400,000 a year.

But in a deal to lift the debt ceiling, the White House agreed with House Republican negotiators to redirect $20 billion elsewhere. Part of a new potential deal to avert a partial Jan. 19 government shutdown would speed up the pullback on that $20 billion.

On 1/11/2024 at 4:45 PM, Archy1221 said:

Do you actually believe Democrats would give Republicans what they want on the border in exchange for Republicans allowing the increase in the amount of legal foreign immigrants into the country? 

Well, by not even negotiating to see it kind of shows which side is unserious. 

But until their voters punish them, which you never will, why should they negotiate? You vote for them anyway. No matter the moral rot, Republican voters are steadfast in their dedication to rewarding political theater over substance.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/13/2024 at 11:25 AM, teachercd said:

Gas down again here in Omaha :)

This is going to be me when it gets to 2.25

Ha. The new QuikTrip by my work has been $1.84 for the last few weeks. They were less than that a few times before Christmas. Not kidding. Most every place else is $2.30 to $2.70. Place is BUSY.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

For the few “Laptop isn’t real” “Rudy compromised the laptop” holdouts..

Yawn. It’s Hunter effin Biden. Not a government employee or elected official. Wake me up when they prove (actual proof, not unsupported claims of proof) that money and influence was flowing to his President father. Until then all this is HB, just another POS.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 3
10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

For the few “Laptop isn’t real” “Rudy compromised the laptop” holdouts..

Where do you think he took it?  A RadioShack 

https://www.theonion.com/even-ceo-cant-figure-out-how-radioshack-still-in-busine-1819569077

6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Ha. The new QuikTrip by my work has been $1.84 for the last few weeks. They were less than that a few times before Christmas. Not kidding. Most every place else is $2.30 to $2.70. Place is BUSY.

1.84???

That is awesome.

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Yawn. It’s Hunter effin Biden. Not a government employee or elected official. Wake me up when they prove (actual proof, not unsupported claims of proof) that money and influence was flowing to his President father. Until then all this is HB, just another POS.

You’re gonna be napping for a while.

Or course they’ll insinuate there’s proof, allude to it, etc. Everything but showing it to you. I’ll let you decide why. I’ll just say if this clown car of an “investigation” had actual damning evidence implicating a sitting president of the opposite party, they wouldn’t be hitting pause on their current work.

• TBH 2
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Well, in Hunters very own words on that very laptop of his, he had to kick 10% up to The Big Guy.  

• Plus1 1