Stay calm

8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Shouldn't Robinson be running crossing routes all game long.

What I'd pray this staff is doing this week is watching that PSU/Maryland game and looking at the Terps two long TD passes that were midlevel drag/flattened post routes by the same WR and going, "holy hell that IS gonna be WanDale this week"

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

What I'd pray this staff is doing this week is watching that PSU/Maryland game and looking at the Terps two long TD passes that were midlevel drag/flattened post routes by the same WR and going, "holy hell that IS gonna be WanDale this week"

I'd love that, but am unsure the staff really watches other teams film to exploit what they exposed......

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, huskerfan333157 said:

Any unbiased fan could see we'd only win 1 or two games this year.  I think frost is still the guy.  Let's let him try to develop this young talent and let's just sit back and watch the young talent improve!  We'll be okay guys, I promise!

1 or 2 conference wins in year 3 is a problem. As far developing young talent where is that happening on offense? I think people realizing this offense is a steaming pile of s#!t in year 3 isn't them freaking out its just stating the obvious.

Did you think in year 3 the offense would have to rely on walkon receivers who cant get open against anyone? What about still not having a running back step up that fits what this offense is? 

• Plus1 2

I'm calm as can be. Really just disappointed and frustrated, mostly in myself. I don't care if Frost is the guy to get it turned around, or if it ever does. I hope he is and I hope it gets better but I just dgaf anymore. I'm just upset that I bet actual money on this sh#tshow yesterday.  Not because I lost some money but because I actually thought we were better somehow. I thought NW would be like taking candy from a baby but instead that baby kicked us in the nuts and b!^@h slapped us  I'm just mad at myself for being so effin stupid. I'm back to being Comfortably Numb.

• Haha 1

I think why you see people upset is because the national media narrative that Nebraska football is dead is starting to sink in for the first time with Nebraska fans. 

The best shot we have to leap forward is if Scott will change his staff. Dabo was looking bad after a few years. He changed coordinators and boom they took off 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

1 or 2 conference wins in year 3 is a problem. As far developing young talent where is that happening on offense? I think people realizing this offense is a steaming pile of s#!t in year 3 isn't them freaking out its just stating the obvious.

Did you think in year 3 the offense would have to rely on walkon receivers who cant get open against anyone? What about still not having a running back step up that fits what this offense is? 

Yeah when I saw an article about how Kade Warner was the leader of the WR corp I knew we were screwed.  No offense to Mr. Warner but year three it just isn't what I wanted to see coming out of camp.  Add to the fact we have a QB that is incapable of completing even the simplest of passes, and it is a recipe for this cesspool of a season we are about to endure.  You see freshman WRs all over the country making plays yet we start 2 guys who have ( and yes I looked this up) a combined 4 catches for 27 yards in two games between Falck and Warner.  4 catches for 27 yards out of #1 and #3 wideouts in 2 games.  There can't be a worse starting duo in all of Division 1 football. 

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I think why you see people upset is because the national media narrative that Nebraska football is dead is starting to sink in for the first time with Nebraska fans. 

The best shot we have to leap forward is if Scott will change his staff. Dabo was looking bad after a few years. He changed coordinators and boom they took off 

This is where I am at.  I'll always cheer for and support, but we are currently a rudderless ship adrift in a raging storm....The B1G is only getting better and we are not.  We are getting left behind.

I don't think Frost needs to change the staff.  I think he needs to change himself.  New OC, new scheme......Lubbick and the inability to get any receiver ready is disappointing,  The do nothing O is disappointing.  Here is a link to our woes based upon stats.  We joined some great company yesterday.....

https://hailvarsity.com/football/its-hard-to-have-the-scoring-struggles-the-huskers-had-at-northwestern/

One that really drives home our QB/receiver issues.......

Statistically, that looks like this: On standard downs––when an offense is on-schedule and has an edge over the defense––Nebraska is running a successful play 61.4% of the time (third nationally). On passing downs, when the defense has the edge, the Huskers are having success 17.1% of the time, third-from-last nationally.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, dspanther05 said:

Yeah when I saw an article about how Kade Warner was the leader of the WR corp I knew we were screwed.  No offense to Mr. Warner but year three it just isn't what I wanted to see coming out of camp.  Add to the fact we have a QB that is incapable of completing even the simplest of passes, and it is a recipe for this cesspool of a season we are about to endure.  You see freshman WRs all over the country making plays yet we start 2 guys who have ( and yes I looked this up) a combined 4 catches for 27 yards in two games between Falck and Warner.  4 catches for 27 yards out of #1 and #3 wideouts in 2 games.  There can't be a worse starting duo in all of Division 1 football. 

A play yesterday that epitomized our plight. We throw deep after never doing so. And it was to a tightend that couldn’t have looked less athletic in making a play on the ball. Little ball hawk sense. Slow. Plodding. The pattern should’ve been for someone else. But I guess they had poor Monday practices. 

Scott needs to throw his ego away and play the athletes. Betts catching balls yesterday was nice to see. A WR that looks like a WR. Not some placeholder who is simply not athletic enough to make any difference.  

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

50 minutes ago, dspanther05 said:

I'm really not sure what frost wants this offense to look like. It looks nothing like Oregon or UCF. Its year 3 and he's still playing guys that dont fit his system over the guys he specifically recruited for this offense. This is the perfect year to blow up the roster and play the young guys and actually build towards the future. Frost still has year 1 problems in year 3.

• Plus1 2

Others will bail on Scott before for I, yet ...

as one who works with folks with addictive minds, I would like to draw the analogy of a man who has been working on his "addictive mind" now for several years and still can't find any more "sobriety" than 14 days.  He is still in so much "pain" that he chooses his behavior over true life/success.  I see this all the time.  These folks "get it", they know what I know and say all the right things ... yet they wallow in all the basic selfishness and self-centeredness of the self life.

No, I'm not expressing Scott as being selfish.  He is stating that the team can't be more prepared, then in the game the team is not prepared.  At this point, my mind is starting to hear, "blah, blah, blah" as he speaks.  "We gotta go back, correct our mistakes and figure this out".  I remember the day when a sponsor said to me, "Mark, one side of your brain is selling you bullsh*t and the other side of your brain is buying it."  

Hey, I'm just expressing that Scott is moving toward "insanity" ... doing the same thing and expecting different results.

I'm still a believer in Scott ... but more a fan on sound, fundamental, mistake free football.  The Kids are playing hard, yes, but still ... something is off or missing.  Hope Scott finds it soon.

31 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Would Lubick calling plays make a difference? 

Well Frost has been HC/OC play caller for 3 years and we pretty much stink.  I'd be game to see what he and Austin could do calling plays.....My only concern is he and Frost have followed very similar paths......It can't get worse?  Right?

Then again we put up a crap ton of yards, but they just don't translate into points.......Something needs to change.  As others have mentioned ad nauseam, other schools with true freshman/new staff/OC etc are having success immediately.  I'm not saying championships, but you can see a difference.  Not here.....

1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

Others will bail on Scott before for I, yet ...

as one who works with folks with addictive minds, I would like to draw the analogy of a man who has been working on his "addictive mind" now for several years and still can't find any more "sobriety" than 14 days.  He is still in so much "pain" that he chooses his behavior over true life/success.  I see this all the time.  These folks "get it", they know what I know and say all the right things ... yet they wallow in all the basic selfishness and self-centeredness of the self life.

No, I'm not expressing Scott as being selfish.  He is stating that the team can't be more prepared, then in the game the team is not prepared.  At this point, my mind is starting to hear, "blah, blah, blah" as he speaks.  "We gotta go back, correct our mistakes and figure this out".  I remember the day when a sponsor said to me, "Mark, one side of your brain is selling you bullsh*t and the other side of your brain is buying it."  

Hey, I'm just expressing that Scott is moving toward "insanity" ... doing the same thing and expecting different results.

I'm still a believer in Scott ... but more a fan on sound, fundamental, mistake free football.  The Kids are playing hard, yes, but still ... something is off or missing.  Hope Scott finds it soon.

Agree with some of this. He seems to double down on obstinance and not adjust

look at his history? Successful?  but most of his success has come in a year or two. He has no history of renovating a program.  And then lots of his winning comes with him making an emotional speech at the end. He’s good at that. 

He couldn’t even come to Nebraska and wait his turn to play. 

he would benefit in learning better meta cognition skills.