Champions Week

20 hours ago, Toe said:

@TGHusker Exactly. Forget this season's ultimate win/loss record or who we play. Right now, just getting those extra bowl practices probably matters more than anything else.

Hey = the Quote Function:throw is Back.  That has made 2020:flush all worthwhile now:smokin

But I DIGRESS,  yes I don't care who, I don't care where.  We need games and we need practices to get this team ready for 2021.  When I go to the OU game in Norman next Sept,  I don't want to see the same 'product' on the field but one that can and will beat OU. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, All Hail Herbie said:

Again, we need to stress the fundamentals in order to truly turn this program around.  

Spring camp is a great time to reinforce those. Too bad we didn't really have one this year...

• Plus1 1

Smh... we will likely be scheduled against Michigan for champions week now.  No way they will be able to play with their numbers- Ohio State game cancelled.  Our best hope now is that Purdue (who just paused today) will also be out to even out the numbers.  I could easily see the B1G sticking it to Nebraska again.

17 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Smh... we will likely be scheduled against Michigan for champions week now.  No way they will be able to play with their numbers- Ohio State game cancelled.  Our best hope now is that Purdue (who just paused today) will also be out to even out the numbers.  I could easily see the B1G sticking it to Nebraska again.

It wouldn’t make sense to schedule these crossover games unless both schools can guarantee their program can compete.

I prefer we get Michigan - if they’re willing to play. They are down and it’ll be Frosts last chance to get Harbaugh before he leaves for the NFL. 

12 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

It wouldn’t make sense to schedule these crossover games unless both schools can guarantee their program can compete.

I prefer we get Michigan - if they’re willing to play. They are down and it’ll be Frosts last chance to get Harbaugh before he leaves for the NFL. 

They are down 50 players...  They will not be playing football on December 19th.  That means someone else from the west, with a similar record, will be scheduled against them (even though the game will likely be cancelled).  They have a 2-4 record...  just like us.  Winning Saturday just got a lot more important.  If we lose Saturday, it could potentially be our last game of the year.    

15 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

They are down 50 players...  They will not be playing football on December 19th.  That means someone else from the west, with a similar record, will be scheduled against them (even though the game will likely be cancelled).  They have a 2-4 record...  just like us.  Winning Saturday just got a lot more important.  If we lose Saturday, it could potentially be our last game of the year.    

While I agree with your overall point, I don’t trust anything a Michigan administrator says about their program. The fact they agree to 6 games and now willing to negotiate and concede because OSU is in this position says enough about their principles. They were adamant to not play, then not allow others to play outside the conference, not allow Nebraska to schedule UTC, but now they concede to OSU because they don’t want it to look bad for them? s#!ts weak. 

I’d be pissed if I was Indiana - who has an outside shot at playoffs themselves. 

5 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Hey = the Quote Function:throw is Back.  That has made 2020:flush all worthwhile now:smokin

But I DIGRESS,  yes I don't care who, I don't care where.  We need games and we need practices to get this team ready for 2021.  When I go to the OU game in Norman next Sept,  I don't want to see the same 'product' on the field but one that can and will beat OU. 

tenor.gif?itemid=7566125

The fair thing to do for Champions Week if a team can't play is to shift everyone up and the team with the least wins does not get to play. I prefer least wins because it punishes the teams that sucked the most when it came to Covid. E.g. if Wisconsin ends at 2-3 they should not be ahead of a team that's 3-4. And, they'd never do it this way but I feel a 3-4 team should get a game over a 3-3 team too because it isn't fair they're penalized for being able to play the extra game they lost.

The Big Ten's athletic directors met on Wednesday morning, and while there was support to allow the Buckeyes in the conference championship with only five games, the policy change still has to be voted on by a larger group that includes the athletic directors and the senior women administrators, and it has to ultimately receive approval from the university presidents and chancellors.

This was on ESPN. I looked into it and this has been a thing in the NCAA since 1981. They need to get rid of this. Maybe have a plan to get rid of it within the next 5 years, and in that time implement real change that will lead to more women getting hired into normal positions if they qualify. They can monitor hiring practices for discrimination.

Senior Woman Administrators | NCAA.org - The Official Site of the NCAA

• Plus1 4