What is the future of the Republican Party?

18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ummm....this is interesting.

So, what is the consequences of ignoring the supreme court?

That's what I've been wondering. What mechanism is there for the court to enforce it's ruling if everyone just says "naw, not today"? During civil rights the Kennedy's deployed the national guard to protect the citizens, but they can't make state legislatures write laws... So what now? Arrest all the politicians and force new elections?

4 minutes ago, ZRod said:

That's what I've been wondering. What mechanism is there for the court to enforce it's ruling if everyone just says "naw, not today"? During civil rights the Kennedy's deployed the national guard to protect the citizens, but they can't make state legislatures write laws... So what now? Arrest all the politicians and force new elections?

Maybe it takes someone to sue them.  Not sure what the damages would be though.

19 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I believe this case is a little more nuanced than what some are making it out to be.  Yes, she ended her own pregnancy.  But, the bigger issue that she's being punished for is concealing and abandoning a dead body after she burned it and buried it.  LINK. So, it's not like she went and got an illegal abortion and just for that is going to jail.

A Nebraska teen has been sentenced to 90 days in jail and 24 months of probation after terminating her pregnancy and attempting to burn and bury the remains.

Celeste Burgess, 19, had pled guilty in Madison County District Court to "concealing or abandoning a dead body" earlier this year, according to court documents obtained by TODAY.com. The teen was sentenced on Thursday, July 20, documents show.

This doesn't look good.  McConnell almost looked like he had a stoke while speaking.  He isn't aging well.  And our 2 leading presidential candidates are aged old farts as well. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12341321/Mitch-McConnell-81-suddenly-stops-talking-helped-away-podium-press-conference.html

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell sparked health concerns on Wednesday when he suddenly froze during a press conference.

The 81-year-old Republican was speaking at his leadership briefing when he stopped, unable to complete his sentence.

McConnell was addressing reporters on the potential of impeaching President Biden when he abruptly took a long pause. 

Colleagues around him then rushed to help him away from the microphone.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

And people think this idiot would make a great President.

:facepalm:

His qualifications are what exactly?  

The next pandemic is going to be a blast.  Science doesn't mean anything to the GOP.  It's all conspiracy theories.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
5 hours ago, TGHusker said:

This doesn't look good.  McConnell almost looked like he had a stoke while speaking.  He isn't aging well.  And our 2 leading presidential candidates are aged old farts as well. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12341321/Mitch-McConnell-81-suddenly-stops-talking-helped-away-podium-press-conference.html

I have never ever cared for Mitch, and I will be elated when he leaves government for good, but hopefully he's going to be alright. 

• TBH 1