Jump to content

Covid-19 Vaccinations.


Recommended Posts

Just got the J&J today, glad they brought it back one shot is nice and convenient. Where I went you even stayed in your car. Couldn't have been easier.

 

Kinda made the laugh how the nurses were so shocked that I actually made an appointment they said I was the only one that bothered to sign up online ahead of time in a few days.

 

I think that just means go spend 30 mins when you can asap and get it done. There are plenty of doses out there and it won't take much of your time.

  • Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post

  • Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got the J&J today, glad they brought it back one shot is nice and convenient. Where I went you even stayed in your car. Couldn't have been easier.   Kinda made the laugh how the nur

Is your tracker giving you any issues? 

COVID-19 has been more deadly in Florida than reported, especially in rural counties, study shows   Florida is undercounting COVID-19 deaths, per new report It probably won't surp

Posted Images

Will be interesting in the coming months.  The day is approaching where most every adult in this country that has wanted a vaccine to have had one.  Consequently, anyone remaining would have presumably made a conscious decision to opt out. 

 

I've had moments of frustration this past year where I wished COVID only affected those that didn't take it seriously, and spared everyone else the collateral damage.  By mid-summer, I hope the true hesitancy has dissipated, and what remains is a small minority of those willing to stand on ideology.  Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Will be interesting in the coming months.  The day is approaching where most every adult in this country that has wanted a vaccine to have had one.  Consequently, anyone remaining would have presumably made a conscious decision to opt out. 

 

I've had moments of frustration this past year where I wished COVID only affected those that didn't take it seriously, and spared everyone else the collateral damage.  By mid-summer, I hope the true hesitancy has dissipated, and what remains is a small minority of those willing to stand on ideology.  Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Has anyone commissioned a study to see how many no go’s for the Covid vaccine are saying no cause they already had Covid?  I couldn’t find anything.  They have T-cell immunity.  They may feel protected.  
 

that group of people is in a much different scenario than the no infection no vaccine folks for the moment. 

  • Plus1 2
Link to post

As we remain with so many unvaccinated people and the virus continues to spread and mutate, here's hoping a more virulent strain doesn't emerge that puts us all back in lockdown again, or have another half million dead.

 

A mutation that sickens more people, or (god forbid) their children would be a pretty awful price to pay for a country already reeling from the past 14 months.

  • Plus1 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

As we remain with so many unvaccinated people and the virus continues to spread and mutate, here's hoping a more virulent strain doesn't emerge that puts us all back in lockdown again, or have another half million dead.

 

A mutation that sickens more people, or (god forbid) their children would be a pretty awful price to pay for a country already reeling from the past 14 months.

Amen!

Link to post
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

As we remain with so many unvaccinated people and the virus continues to spread and mutate, here's hoping a more virulent strain doesn't emerge that puts us all back in lockdown again, or have another half million dead.

 

A mutation that sickens more people, or (god forbid) their children would be a pretty awful price to pay for a country already reeling from the past 14 months.

Another piece of this is not getting support to other countries that aren't doing as well with vaccinations such as India and Brazil. They are a breeding ground for such variants to continue to harm the globe.

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
3 hours ago, knapplc said:

As we remain with so many unvaccinated people and the virus continues to spread and mutate, here's hoping a more virulent strain doesn't emerge that puts us all back in lockdown again, or have another half million dead.

 

A mutation that sickens more people, or (god forbid) their children would be a pretty awful price to pay for a country already reeling from the past 14 months.

What I don't understand is the dichotomy that a significant group of the country who was pushing for the loosening of restrictions, are the same group of people who aren't willing to get vaccinated.  They don't seem to want to help out the general population by getting vaccinated.  I guess the old saying of "freedom isn't free" doesn't apply to them.

  • Plus1 1
Link to post

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

What I don't understand is the dichotomy that a significant group of the country who was pushing for the loosening of restrictions, are the same group of people who aren't willing to get vaccinated.  They don't seem to want to help out the general population by getting vaccinated.  I guess the old saying of "freedom isn't free" doesn't apply to them.

 

It'd be interesting to see a Venn diagram of those people, and the people who agreed that hydroxychloroquine could be an effective treatment for Covid-19. I suspect there'd be significant overlap.

  • Plus1 2
Link to post
3 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

 

66% of Californians have had at least one dose.  Throw in those who have already been infected and this is encouraging and evidence of just how effective these vaccines are.  

I agree with you in that it shows the vaccines are effective, but unfortunately a good portion of the population is not going to get the vaccination because "the cases are going down, so why do I need to protect myself?" That type of belief and behavior is what could cause different strains appearing and drive a rebound in cases, deaths, and potential shut downs.

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
21 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I agree with you in that it shows the vaccines are effective, but unfortunately a good portion of the population is not going to get the vaccination because "the cases are going down, so why do I need to protect myself?" That type of belief and behavior is what could cause different strains appearing and drive a rebound in cases, deaths, and potential shut downs.

Many will find out why when they end up in the ICU.  My coworker tried convincing his aunt and uncle to get vaccinated.  They refused citing all the usual conspiracies.  He said when he was talking science with them he may as well had a 666 tattooed on his forehead.  Well both his aunt and uncle went out to the bar and a few days later came down with the vid.  She ended up in the ICU and nearly died.  

 

I would have been in favor of the last round of stimulus checks being tied to evidence of having been vaccinated.  Screw it, pay those on the fence.  It'll be cheaper in the long run.  

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...