Staff Changes

HANC

4 hours ago, Scarlet said:

You're going to lose leverage once in awhile but overall we're not getting pushed around nearly as often as three or four years ago, especially on the defensive side.  Rewatch the Iowa game for an example.  

It wasn’t leverage and again, it was Rutgers 

27 minutes ago, lo country said:

Just saw that.  Looks like Sarkisian to Texas....Was listening and the Game Day crew said that rumors were it was Herman's way or the highway. That he didn't relate to the kids....Desmond Howard then mentioned a guy like Sark and Allen at Indiana relate to the kids....

We could also offer Wilson from OSU millions to come as OC:lol:

If they canned Herman just to bring in Sarkisian they are morons. Lots of guys would succeed with Bama's immense talent. He was meh as a HC at Wash and USC. Feels like us replacing Bo with Riley. Allen would be a great get. 

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, Mavric said:

Greg Bell is a very solid RB.  Could not have expected both of them to be that bad of head cases.  Then we just couldn't keep anyone healthy this year.

“Bell said afterward that he was distracted by health issues with a family member.

“Being away so far, I wasn’t able to help,” he said at the time. “It was stressing me out, trying to play football there and worrying about what was going on here.”

He reiterated during a conversation on Monday, saying “When I was leaving Nebraska, I was looking to come back home and reconnect with my mom and stuff like that.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/aztecs-running-back-greg-bell-has-open-field-in-front-of-him-after-years-of-twists-and-turns/ar-BB1aHSxz

The article points out the statements he made when he left, but regardless it sounds like he took the high road and is a more mature individual today. Happy he has found success, but too bad it couldn’t work out for NU too. 

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, Danimal said:

If they canned Herman just to bring in Sarkisian they are morons. Lots of guys would succeed with Bama's immense talent. He was meh as a HC at Wash and USC. Feels like us replacing Bo with Riley. Allen would be a great get. 

I think Sark will work there. Sounds like they were grooming him to take over for Saban. Will be interesting for sure. 

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

We just need to keep our RB's healthy and we'll be fine.  QB is the only place people should be worried.

We have 0 vertical threats at WR & no proven RB with a consistent power run game or house call ability. Scott MIGHT provide a power run game in the future. We also may start another freshman at RG having 4 freshman starting on the OL next season. We have so many holes it’s insane. 

Not to mention this offense is plagued by turnovers, penalties along the OL, suspect playcalling, and a lack of ability to punch it in the end zone from the red zone. We should be extremely worried. If the defense takes a step back next year we may win 3 games the entire year. 

• Plus1 1
42 minutes ago, Decked said:

We have 0 vertical threats at WR & no proven RB with a consistent power run game or house call ability. Scott MAY  provide a power run game in the future. We also may start another freshman at RG having 4 freshman starting on the OL next season. We have so many holes it’s insane. 

Not to mention this offense is plagued by turnovers, penalties along the OL, suspect playcalling, and a lack of ability to punch it in the end zone from the red zone. We should be extremely worried. If the defense takes a step back next year we may win 3 games the entire year. 

And all of this in year 4.....That's what concerns me the most. "Total rebuild" or not, no reason in year 4 we should still have so many holes.  RB, WR, OLB, OL (potential young talent, but no depth behind them) etc....Still no idea what Lubick does if Frost is really OC and unsure Austin had any input as running game coordinator.  That's why I am hoping more of the seniors come back on D.  A lot of depth back there to lose at one time IMHO. They were/are improving.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
22 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

So which is it?  I've seen people say it's vertical WR threat.  Then I have seen people say our QB's missed open receivers numerous times who were open way down the field meaning they were a vertical threat and our QB's couldn't find them.

Armchair QB's have pointed out so many contradictory things after this season I honestly don't think anyone knows what the issue is.

The issue is both our talent is completely average with no vertical or home run threats at WR/RB, a QB who turns the ball over too many times with mental inconsistencies, + we are a horribly coached team that makes go from an average team to a below average one. 

It’s not just one issue. The whole offense is a flop in all categories. 

1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I think Sark will work there. Sounds like they were grooming him to take over for Saban. Will be interesting for sure. 

I hope Sark makes it work.  It sounds like he's been able to put his demons behind him.  That being said, he's jumping into one heckuva fish bowl if he ends up taking the Texas job.

2 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I hope Sark makes it work.  It sounds like he's been able to put his demons behind him.  That being said, he's jumping into one heckuva fish bowl if he ends up taking the Texas job.

Sark has never been able to win more than 9 games and that might be the minimum he has to win almost yearly to keep his job at UT. Bold move, Texas. 

3 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I like Sark. I was thinking last night that he would be a good option for NU, if Frost is gone within a year or two. I don’t want Texas ever to succeed, so it’s tough to see him go there. 

25 minutes ago, Decked said:

The issue is both our talent is completely average with no vertical or home run threats at WR/RB, a QB who turns the ball over too many times with mental inconsistencies, + we are a horribly coached team that makes go from an average team to a below average one. 

It’s not just one issue. The whole offense is a flop in all categories. 

Exactly, it's not 1 issue, it's like 7 or 8. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, Savage Husker said:

Betts is a vertical threat, who can improve, but he was not targeted enough or given a chance. He should have at least 2 deep passes per game, instead he maybe had 2 all year. 

Betts down the line will be a vertical threat I’ll give you that & a few times this year he was open big. Then there’s the problem that Adrian has missed him. We so badly need him & Omar to step up for us next year. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

Betts is a vertical threat, who can improve, but he was not targeted enough or given a chance. He should have at least 2 deep passes per game, instead he maybe had 2 all year. 

I agree with you 100%, but he was also in the wrong places at times too. A handful of times he was within 5 yds of other guys and by reading reactions of the everyone after the play, it appeared to be on Betts. He may be part of reason for lack of targets 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1