Trump Impeachment # 2

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

It's really not that important... democracy and such.

30 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m guessing the DOJ would eventually have something to say about it

Archy beat me to it.  Have any of these "no consequences without impeachment" crickets asked themselves why the Biden DOJ hasn't arrested private citizen Donald J Trump?  

2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Archy beat me to it.  Have any of these "no consequences without impeachment" crickets asked themselves why the Biden DOJ hasn't arrested private citizen Donald J Trump?  

Has the investigation ran it's course yet?

• Plus1 1

20 hours ago, Scarlet said:

It's really not that important... democracy and such

Oh don't give me the protect democracy line, I get that enough listening to Republicans who cry about the sky falling when the Dems do something that shifts power.  It's all a ploy.

22 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

they are complicit.   it's how he got away in the first impeachment and it's how he will get away again.   they are all part of the same criminal enterprise.  ....like in the godfather...they take care of their family business

• Plus1 4
22 minutes ago, commando said:

they are complicit.   it's how he got away in the first impeachment and it's how he will get away again.   they are all part of the same criminal enterprise.  ....like in the godfather...they take care of their family business

And people keep blaming the Democrats for doing a bad job of convicting him for some reason. The GOP wouldn't even allow witnesses last time.

The Democrats f#&%ed up both impeachments.

These aren't legal cases and as such don't have the burden of legal prosecutions. They are simply to determine the fitness of Donald Trump to be president, and the case against Trump is wide and deep, including breeches of security, the emoluments clause, pathological lying, sabotaging the U.S. post office, intimidating state officials, aiding, abetting, and inciting domestic terrorists, etc., etc., etc. Trump's body of impeachable work is unprecedented. The list of witnesses you could bring would have been respected adults from many political persuasions. 

But by making Impeachment One entirely about a Ukrainian quid pro quo, the Dems hung everything on something that was plausibly deniable. Impeachment Two was whether Donald Trump directly advocated the violent invasion of the Capitol on January 6, also plausibly deniable if treated as a legal case. The difficultly proving this kind of intent is how mob bosses have always avoided prison terms -- even if everyone understands their underlying guilt. 

Then again, perhaps it doesn't matter. The most recent poll says 67% of Republicans supported overturning the 2020 election without a shred of actionable proof. 

American just took a sharp right into banana republic.

Remember when folks thought Joe Biden would turn the U.S. into Venezuela?  Turns out it was Donald Trump.  

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1