Trump Impeachment # 2

13 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Likewise, every one of my detractors here has ignored the US Constitution.

Saying something again and again to yourself and to us doesn't make it true, and it's a weird way of saying I'm correct, but I'll take it.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Or...does he really want to testify, but everyone around him isn't allowing him to because they know it would be a disaster?

That would speak to a major lack of authority in his own sphere, wouldn't it? A dude who tries to project as much Big d!(k Energy as trump wouldn't be bossed around by anyone under him - that's the aura he's tried to craft his whole life.

So clearly he doesn't have the courage to testify like Hillary. No one could stop him if he really wanted to.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, knapplc said:

That would speak to a major lack of authority in his own sphere, wouldn't it? A dude who tries to project as much Big d!(k Energy as trump wouldn't be bossed around by anyone under him - that's the aura he's tried to craft his whole life.

So clearly he doesn't have the courage to testify like Hillary. No one could stop him if he really wanted to.

Unless the few lawyers he finally found that would represent him threatened to quit if he did.

7 hours ago, ZRod said:

Clinton rightly should have been impeached for lying under oath, and the Senate should have censured him, not gone after removal from office. 

With hindsight of #metoo he probably should have been impeached for sexual harassment/misconduct as well, and voted on for removal.

You support Impeachment for the consensual shagging of WH staff?  Clinton is not the only POTUS who would get the axe under your standard.  And the same likely goes if you look back to earlier in their careers.

As for the perjury+obstruction it's hard for me to call them other high crimes or misdemeanors because I don't see how the country could be endangered by whether or not Clinton fooled around with his intern.  I agree that a censure would have been most appropriate. 

7 hours ago, knapplc said:

That's some very small-hand energy from trump not testifying. I know his lawyers aren't completely incompetent and they know they have to protect their client from himself, because that would be the most wrecked train in the history of train wrecks.

But that's gotta be an ego blow to the folks who think the sun rises & sets on trump. Hillary testified for 11 hours in the Benghazi nonsense. Womp womp.

And like Bill she got caught BSing.  But the Clintons will not be arrested in an airport and charged under the DOJ because they are the pro-Washington party royalty.  If Trump said anything wrong, or even anything that couldn't be proven correct there is a high chance the Biden DOJ would indict him; in a  Washington DC grand jury pool that is overwhelmingly anti-Trump.

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

If Trump said anything wrong, or even anything that couldn't be proven correct there is a high chance the Biden DOJ would indict him; in a  Washington DC grand jury pool that is overwhelmingly anti-Trump.

If this were to happen.  Regardless of whether it’s right or wrong, would you agree that Trump brought a lot of it on himself with his gaslighting?  I don’t recall the Clintons engaging in name calling and actively creating political division on pretty much a daily basis.  

Politics aside, how you treat people matters.  And it should. 

• Plus1 3

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Unless the few lawyers he finally found that would represent him threatened to quit if he did.

I think it’s situational. Since he is a narcissist he thinks it isn’t possible he could have lost to Biden, or it’s more that it just can’t register for him because it would shatter his brain. So he’ll latch onto all these conspiracy theories and if someone else tells him something that puts him in a positive light he will believe it. So when he spreads the lie I believe that he believes it. For a time I thought it was a ploy, and it worked the same way as one, but I think he believes the election was stolen from him. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I think it’s situational. Since he is a narcissist he thinks it isn’t possible he could have lost to Biden, or it’s more that it just can’t register for him because it would shatter his brain. So he’ll latch onto all these conspiracy theories and if someone else tells him something that puts him in a positive light he will believe it. So when he spreads the lie I believe that he believes it. For a time I thought it was a ploy, and it worked the same way as one, but I think he believes the election was stolen from him. 

I believe that too. 

2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

You support Impeachment for the consensual shagging of WH staff?  Clinton is not the only POTUS who would get the axe under your standard.  And the same likely goes if you look back to earlier in their careers.

As for the perjury+obstruction it's hard for me to call them other high crimes or misdemeanors because I don't see how the country could be endangered by whether or not Clinton fooled around with his intern.  I agree that a censure would have been most appropriate. 

And like Bill she got caught BSing.  But the Clintons will not be arrested in an airport and charged under the DOJ because they are the pro-Washington party royalty.  If Trump said anything wrong, or even anything that couldn't be proven correct there is a high chance the Biden DOJ would indict him; in a  Washington DC grand jury pool that is overwhelmingly anti-Trump.

As I said with the hindsight of The Me Too movement; he was a man in power abusing his office to seduce a young staffer. It was morally wrong and an abuse of the office of President. In the 90s it wasn't that big of a deal. Today we know because of the power dynamic it is a big deal. Times change. 

He lied under oath about the affair. There should be consequences for any government official lying under oath.

• Plus1 2
12 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

If this were to happen.  Regardless of whether it’s right or wrong, would you agree that Trump brought a lot of it on himself with his gaslighting?  I don’t recall the Clintons engaging in name calling and actively creating political division on pretty much a daily basis.  

Politics aside, how you treat people matters.  And it should. 

Agree.  That is why politicians use lackeys to speak the dirty words.  And why Trump hated all politicians. 

10 hours ago, ZRod said:

As I said with the hindsight of The Me Too movement; he was a man in power abusing his office to seduce a young staffer. It was morally wrong and an abuse of the office of President. In the 90s it wasn't that big of a deal. Today we know because of the power dynamic it is a big deal. Times change. 

He lied under oath about the affair. There should be consequences for any government official lying under oath.

Reprimand

Censure

Loss of law license

Loss of reputation

Contempt of Court  (to be served after the completion of his term in office)

The image of a dress on the Presidential Portrait

Just as we don't have the death penalty for any old crime we don't Impeach over everything that pisses us off.

MeToo is over and people are back to accepting that powerful men use their power for sex.  As for the perjury Clinton lied but he should never have been under oath.  They were investigating some real estate shenanigan from before he was President, which of course was a pretext to get Clinton.  They should have immediately passed a law expanding Executive Privilege to civil lawsuits.