Biden Foreign Policy

"Al Qaeda, ISIS, they metastasize," the president said. "There's a significantly greater threat to the United States from Syria. There's a significantly greater threat from East Africa. There's significant greater threat to other places in the world than it is from the mountains of Afghanistan. And we have maintained the ability to have an overriding capability to take them out.

"We don't have military in Syria to make sure that we're gonna be protected," he said, adding that he’s "confident we're gonna have the overriding capability" in Afghanistan as well.

The U.S., in fact, currently has roughly 900 troops deployed to Syria. A White House official told Fox News that those are not combat troops and are only there for "advising and capacity-building."

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-falsely-claims-us-does-161524217.html

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

That’s pretty much all he does 

Outside of a few unicorn posters, let’s be honest, we all are just trolling each other.

Huskerboard isn’t exactly a distinguished and deliberative body.  It’s a constant game of one-upping each other and finding reasons to make fun of sources.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Huskerboard isn’t exactly a distinguished and deliberative body.  It’s a constant game of one-upping each other and finding reasons to make fun of sources.

That's why I hate the "NAME YOUR SOURCE" crowd think.  We both know as soon as a source is cited, it will be dismissed as propoganda or unreliable or too biased etc.  Citing a source has never changed anyone's mind, so it's basically pointless.  If I don't cite a source to begin with, doing so after changes almost nothing.  But it's a crutch a lot of people use to defend their perspectives.  Opinion based politics by the common citizen, fun stuff...

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
45 minutes ago, Redux said:

That's why I hate the "NAME YOUR SOURCE" crowd think.  We both know as soon as a source is cited, it will be dismissed as propoganda or unreliable or too biased etc.  Citing a source has never changed anyone's mind, so it's basically pointless.  If I don't cite a source to begin with, doing so after changes almost nothing.  But it's a crutch a lot of people use to defend their perspectives.  Opinion based politics by the common citizen, fun stuff...

I've really had a change in opinion about this in the past 18 months.  It's more gross than fun...

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, funhusker said:

Outside of a few unicorn posters, let’s be honest, we all are just trolling each other.

I get this sentiment and agree though most people don’t constantly troll.  Some as pointed out do

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

That’s pretty much all he does 

Report any post of mine to s moderator then.  How is asking someone to explain what they would have done differently in regard to a situation they have been continually whining about trolling?

I'll wait.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

getting over 70,000 out after the disasterous start is a pretty good achievement   b!^@h all you want about the start of the withdrawl....have to admit there has been a fair recovery by the administration and the military.    should have been better from the start...but there is no contingency for when the government uses the cut and run defense resulting in zero time to withdraw.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, commando said:

getting over 70,000 out after the disasterous start is a pretty good achievement   b!^@h all you want about the start of the withdrawl....have to admit there has been a fair recovery by the administration and the military.    should have been better from the start...but there is no contingency for when the government uses the cut and run defense resulting in zero time to withdraw.

I don't understand why they are putting a hard date for stopping the withdrawal on September 1st.  Wouldn't the end of it be when they have everyone out they want out?

17 minutes ago, commando said:

The last few days have been pretty damn good.

• Plus1 2
26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't understand why they are putting a hard date for stopping the withdrawal on September 1st.  Wouldn't the end of it be when they have everyone out they want out?

Only thing that makes sense is to light a fire under anyone who's holding out on evacuating. If anyone is buying the Taliban's line that they'll be kinder this time, and they want to stay in their home country, they may delay and delay and delay until it's too late. Maybe they're trying to prevent that.

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

i assume that is when the taliban says it will resume the war.   if we are getting out it's best to be not under fire when evacuating

Good oped video about Afghan refugees.  The GOP/Trump Nationalism  misinformation machine is moving at full throttle as Tucker is quoted  asking "Do we want terrorists in our neighborhoods?"

The reporter reminds us of GOP Iowa Governor Robert Ray who back in the 1980s showed a different response to the Vietnamese refuges:  "Do on to others as you'd have them do on to you'.  The Golden Rule  A current GOP Governor, Cox of Utah is following Ray's example and told Biden that he will accept Afghan refugees. Also accepting refugees are these GOP Governors: Ark Gov Hutchison, Maryland Gov Hogan, Okla Gov Stitt, Iowa Gov Reynolds, and Mass Gov as well - all reminding us that the USA is a nation of refugees from our earliest colonial days to the present.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/this-is-what-trump-said-about-us-evacuation-of-afghan-allies/vi-AANJqRg?ocid=entnewsntp

• Plus1 3