Biden Foreign Policy

22 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The word 'Genocide' is tossed around so casually it loses all meaning and gravity.

Well the definition of genocide is actually a pretty loose one, so I'm not sure what gatekeeping metrics you would suggest be put on it. 

But I do generally agree. Abortion, for example. Even if we do say for the sake of argument that it's murder, it doesn't fit the definition of genocide.

2 hours ago, nic said:

I believe she was helping her friend Omar out after realizing Omar's mistake in believing the picture was Israel instead of Assad and posting it on X. 

Probably. But that means AOC was also calling Omar out for not vetting. And the AIPAC post you included was aimed specifically at AOC, who has been advocating against unbridled retaliation, as have many Jews and Israelis. For that matter, many of Omar's statements use the same language as concerned parties on all sides. 

I know there are think tanks churning out ways to blame liberals for everything, but the situation is pretty..............................nuanced. 

• Plus1 2

Hundreds of people are believed to be dead following a strike on a hospital in Gaza. Palestinian officials blamed ongoing Israeli airstrikes for the lethal incident, while a spokesperson for the Israel Defense Forces said a Palestinian Islamic Jihad group is responsible for a “failed rocket launch” that hit the hospital

Given Hamas has shot off rockets from populated schools, mosques and hospitals to protect the launchers from attack using human shields, maybe Talib and others should wait for this to flush out. 

Result was a cancelled summit between Biden, Jordan and Palestinian leaders. 

Hmmm, another good reason for Hamas to hit a hospital...gotta stop any peace summits.

• TBH 1

2 minutes ago, Decked said:

Good god. This seems to be on pace to escalate and badly. 

Yeah, it is going to be a s#!t show.

It is one of those things where everyone knows it will never end, it might "stop" for a bit, but it will never end.

All those lame a$$ weirdo extremists need a 9-5 job and need to get introduced to booze. 

• Plus1 1

For real though, could you imagine being such a loser with a totally lame life, no hobbies, no friends that are fun or cool at all, so you join (any) type of extremist group?

Like, get a f#&%ing job.  Go to work, be productive.  Get a girlfriend (if you can, but don't get married, that is even worse than being in the group), watch sports, join a gym, go golfing, get into whisky tasting.  

These dorks are the biggest losers around.  

In your life have you ever had one friend or even acquaintance that acts like these dorks? 

"Hey, Brent, you wanna maybe golf this weekend or grab some beers after work on Friday?"

"No can do man, I am gonna go sharpen my knives, read a religious book that I will totally misinterpret and be super angry at people that I don't actually know" 

• Plus1 1

When Tlaib and Suileman urge people to "act now" in the wake of this outrage, what do they want Americans to do? 

We're already trying to figure things out faster than they're happening, and rooting for de-escalation and against needless deaths. 

Near as I can tell, we (and Biden) told Israel we had their back in the wake of a horrific Hamas attack, and have since counseled against Israeli retaliation that would treat all Palestinians as terrorists and escalate the conflict.

10 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

When Tlaib and Suileman urge people to "act now" in the wake of this outrage, what do they want Americans to do? 

We're already trying to figure things out faster than they're happening, and rooting for de-escalation and against needless deaths. 

Near as I can tell, we (and Biden) told Israel we had their back in the wake of a horrific Hamas attack, and have since counseled against Israeli retaliation that would treat all Palestinians as terrorists. 

It is for the clicks and mentions. The only thing worse than being labeled a crazy terrordork lover....is not being mentioned at all.  They know it, so they do it.

• Plus1 1
54 minutes ago, nic said:

Hundreds of people are believed to be dead following a strike on a hospital in Gaza. Palestinian officials blamed ongoing Israeli airstrikes for the lethal incident, while a spokesperson for the Israel Defense Forces said a Palestinian Islamic Jihad group is responsible for a “failed rocket launch” that hit the hospital

Given Hamas has shot off rockets from populated schools, mosques and hospitals to protect the launchers from attack using human shields, maybe Talib and others should wait for this to flush out. 

Result was a cancelled summit between Biden, Jordan and Palestinian leaders. 

Hmmm, another good reason for Hamas to hit a hospital...gotta stop any peace summits.

weird how she takes her time condemning Hamas' terrorist's actions but has no problem jumping to conclusions when a hospital in Gaza gets hit.  

• TBH 2

17 minutes ago, teachercd said:

For real though, could you imagine being such a loser with a totally lame life, no hobbies, no friends that are fun or cool at all, so you join (any) type of extremist group?

Like, get a f#&%ing job.  Go to work, be productive.  Get a girlfriend (if you can, but don't get married, that is even worse than being in the group), watch sports, join a gym, go golfing, get into whisky tasting.  

These dorks are the biggest losers around.  

In your life have you ever had one friend or even acquaintance that acts like these dorks? 

"Hey, Brent, you wanna maybe golf this weekend or grab some beers after work on Friday?"

"No can do man, I am gonna go sharpen my knives, read a religious book that I will totally misinterpret and be super angry at people that I don't actually know" 

Wait, are you suggesting these kinda people have a choice between extremism and golf?

I mean, this is how warlords, conspiracy cults and drug cartels have always worked. You find people who feel genuinely powerless --- because they are --- and give them a sense of power, purpose, and belonging. They're not risking much because their lives are s#!t, and they will be taking down a villain so evil and powerful they get to be a hero for once in their sad, stupid lives.

• TBH 2
1 minute ago, Decked said:

Regardless who did it..whoever wins social media and public opinion will have a heavy impact on the outcome of this situation 

Hamas social media mission with this story has already been accomplished as I don’t see any of their supporters disputing their “story” and so many supposed reputable journos and politicians backing that narrative in the immediate aftermath really really helps their cause 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Wait, are you suggesting these kinda people have a choice between extremism and golf?

I mean, this is how warlords, conspiracy cults and drug cartels have always worked. You find people who feel genuinely powerless --- because they are --- and give them a sense of power, purpose, and belonging. They're not risking much because their lives are s#!t, and they will be taking down a villain so evil and powerful they get to be a hero for once in their sad, stupid lives.

Yes, I also know how manipulation works.  

Everyone has a choice.  I did not feel sorry for the Nazi soldiers that killed jews because they were "following orders" and I don't feel sorry for these losers.  

This is not the 1600's anymore where they have no clue about life outside where they live and what things can be like. 

Feel free to sympathize, but I won't. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1