Stadium Overhaul

I had one year where Large Marge’s a$$ hung over the row in front of me. It kept my feet warm for those late Colorado games. She would occasionally rock back into my stiletto knees. Probably gave her kidney damage after a season of that. The club seats are so much better but $$. With all the B10 monies, Trev should do what he can to appease the fans. 

if NU makes a weight requirement as one poster suggested, can NU also make a rule to be in your seat for the tunnel walk. I hate the ding a lings who arrive just as the team comes out. You have all week to plan!! 

• Oh Yeah! 1
9 minutes ago, KCBuc said:

I had one year where Large Marge’s a$$ hung over the row in front of me. It kept my feet warm for those late Colorado games. She would occasionally rock back into my stiletto knees. Probably gave her kidney damage after a season of that. The club seats are so much better but $$. With all the B10 monies, Trev should do what he can to appease the fans. 

if NU makes a weight requirement as one poster suggested, can NU also make a rule to be in your seat for the tunnel walk. I hate the ding a lings who arrive just as the team comes out. You have all week to plan!! 

One of my biggest pet peeves are people who show up late to stuff like this.  I missed a Sammy Sosa home run one time because the people in front of me decided to show up half way through the first inning.....then.....stand for a few minutes discussing who was sitting beside whom. 

IF you are going to show up late, wait for a break in action to find your seat.

• Plus1 1
On 7/22/2021 at 7:57 AM, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I think I've only been to 3 games in Memorial Stadium.  Did people complain this much about comfort in the 70's, 80's and 90's when more games were being won?

The amenities available nowadays are much, much different than what was available in the 70s, 80s and 90s, though. 

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

One of my biggest pet peeves are people who show up late to stuff like this.  I missed a Sammy Sosa home run one time because the people in front of me decided to show up half way through the first inning.....then.....stand for a few minutes discussing who was sitting beside whom. 

IF you are going to show up late, wait for a break in action to find your seat.

As a addendum to this, during the '13 Northwestern game, the two most annoying people I had ever sat near were right in front of me. They left two plays before the Hail Mary, and had to be out of the stadium the second every one went crazy. 

Just now, Cdog923 said:

As a addendum to this, during the '13 Northwestern game, the two most annoying people I had ever sat near were right in front of me. They left two plays before the Hail Mary, and had to be out of the stadium the second every one went crazy. 

f#&%ing fairweather fans

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

The amenities available nowadays are much, much different than what was available in the 70s, 80s and 90s, though. 

Kinda wish NU had the room/money to just do an entirely new stadium. Colorado State did theirs right. Large entrances, wide concourses, lots of bathrooms. Plus their concessions are everywhere and each window has beer, food, soda, water, etc. 

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, GSG said:

Kinda wish NU had the room/money to just do an entirely new stadium. Colorado State did theirs right. Large entrances, wide concourses, lots of bathrooms. Plus their concessions are everywhere and each window has beer, food, soda, water, etc. 

Yeah, like Hawaii's Ching stadium.  Seats about 9K, but lots of space to enjoy a game.  No more sellout discussions (hopefully)

web1_ching-field-aerial-view-.jpg

47 minutes ago, GSG said:

Tear Memorial down and start from scratch, I say.

47 minutes ago, GSG said:

I would rather use the money for a massive remodel if that's the route to go. Replace all the bench seating with seatbacks, reduce the amount of seating, update the amenities and make concourses that connect the individual stadiums around the top. 

49 minutes ago, GSG said:

Yeah CSU did it right, but they also had room on campus to do so, and their old stadium (which was a complete dump) was off-campus.  It's an apples-to-oranges situation with NU.

3 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I would rather use the money for a massive remodel if that's the route to go. Replace all the bench seating with seatbacks, reduce the amount of seating, update the amenities and make concourses that connect the individual stadiums around the top. 

Agree.  But, with adding stadium seats, I would add an upper level to south stadium so you don't reduce capacity and can make the concourse like you said.

• Fire 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Agree.  But, with adding stadium seats, I would add an upper level to south stadium so you don't reduce capacity and can make the concourse like you said.

I think NU is trying to reduce capacity.  They are realizing that 90K plus isn't necessary.  I would expect capacity to be cut to 75-80K.  That South stadium needs to be cut down in half.

I am curious how they get away with lack of access to higher seating.  I really noticed it at the Garth concert.  If there was an emergency, many people would get trampled.  There needs to be spiral walkways at each corner to the top like at arrow head.  Climbing 80 rows from the nearest access is ridiculous. 

38 minutes ago, Ggodd002 said:

I am curious how they get away with lack of access to higher seating.  I really noticed it at the Garth concert.  If there was an emergency, many people would get trampled.  There needs to be spiral walkways at each corner to the top like at arrow head.  Climbing 80 rows from the nearest access is ridiculous. 

I'm not going to say access is all that great but it's definitely not 80 rows.