*** Official Fordham Game Thread ***

Mavric

3 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

Cool part is that Vodka Sam paid to get into the game! Iowa is not chasing some fictitious sellout streak by having Alumni buy any unwanted tickets. Calling it a continuation of the sellout streak is a farce. 

Great game today against Fordham!

That was a trick! She’s dead Hawk. Died of cirrhosis in 2019

• Plus1 1

Did what needed done today.  Can't say this was a good win, but it was a needed win for a program that has some issues.

I will however point out in the first half we couldn't get our receivers open against an FCS school.  First half is the only half that I am looking at right now because lets be honest, Fordham ran out of gas and the second half doesn't matter as much in my opinion.

3 hours ago, CyHawk said:

Cool part is that Vodka Sam paid to get into the game! Iowa is not chasing some fictitious sellout streak by having Alumni buy any unwanted tickets. Calling it a continuation of the sellout streak is a farce. 

Great game today against Fordham!

Do you even sell out games at Iowa?

Even if it ended in 2019 it's a streak that dates back to 1962. In university of Iowa math that's 3 sets of hands, 2 sets of feet, and 7 toes. Unless it's your uncle Joe who lost a finger trying to "tickle" that pig who's counting; then it's 3 sets of hands and feet exactly.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Nebhawk said:

Did what needed done today.  Can't say this was a good win, but it was a needed win for a program that has some issues.

I will however point out in the first half we couldn't get our receivers open against an FCS school.  First half is the only half that I am looking at right now because lets be honest, Fordham ran out of gas and the second half doesn't matter as much in my opinion.

So we finally come out and play well in a second half, but now it doesn’t matter?   

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Did what needed to be done. Take care of Buffalo in similar fashion. Roll it up on the ground, make their offense earn it. On to the next!

Buffalo is rated roughly the same as Illinois in FPI. They beat a team of similar quality to Fordham, (Wagner), 69-7 this week. NU is favored to win but it won't be 52-7.

• Plus1 1