Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

That is true.  I wonder if he would choose to stay long term if he came here and was successful?  Would he have the bug to go back to NFL or SEC?

He would know the Big 10 and what it would take to win it.  

Who knows if he would be here long-term, but I think he would take a professional attitude towards the job and leave it better than what he inherited.

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

That is true.  I wonder if he would choose to stay long term if he came here and was successful?  Would he have the bug to go back to NFL or SEC?

He would know the Big 10 and what it would take to win it.  

The thing is if the NFL and SEC are calling that must mean that he is doing pretty well and if that happens in year 3 because Nebraska is 12-2 I guess I will have to accept that. 

10 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

The thing is if the NFL and SEC are calling that must mean that he is doing pretty well and if that happens in year 3 because Nebraska is 12-2 I guess I will have to accept that. 

Would like a guy with some coaching maturity after the last 4 years. 

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Interesting.

But Carter added the “direction of the program” would be addressed in the coming weeks.

“I don’t want to get too far ahead of our skis right now,” Carter said. “I don’t think it will be too, too far down the road that you’re going to know which direction the program is going to go.

“I can tell you this: No decision has been made.”

• Plus1 2
Just now, teachercd said:

Wait..."far ahead of our skis" 

You ski on snow...with snow there is Frost...you go downhill when you ski, like the program is going downhill...

It all makes sense!

You ski on water.  The water is nice and warm on a hot summer Saturday and you go hang out and swim and drink beer after you're done skiing because you had so much fun.

So....Nebraska is hot with Scott at the helm.

Now that makes sense.

Or....it indicates his seat is hot.

I'm so confused right now.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You ski on water.  The water is nice and warm on a hot summer Saturday and you go hang out and swim and drink beer after you're done skiing because you had so much fun.

So....Nebraska is hot with Scott at the helm.

Now that makes sense.

Or....it indicates his seat is hot.

I'm so confused right now.

I need my secret decoder ring!

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

You ski on snow...with snow there is Frost...you go downhill when you ski, like the program is going downhill...

It all makes sense!

Scott melted our hearts, but the bad seasons snowballed into an avalanche of bad press. He tried his best this season, but to no a Vail. Our quarterback's Head was not in the game. Someone's gonna have to take a powder for this.  

I could do this all day!

• Haha 4

Interesting statement.  

https://huskerextra.com/news/football/nu-president-ted-carter-says-no-decision-has-been-made-on-scott-frosts-future/article_0d24dad4-46ec-5377-b7d7-0473754e4b99.html?utm_medium=browser_notifications&utm_source=pushly&utm_campaign=1568080#tracking-source=home-top-story

No decision has been made on Scott Frost’s future as Nebraska football coach, NU President Ted Carter said on Wednesday.

But Carter added the “direction of the program” would be addressed in the coming weeks.

“I don’t want to get too far ahead of our skis right now,” Carter said. “I don’t think it will be too, too far down the road that you’re going to know which direction the program is going to go.

“I can tell you this: No decision has been made.”

Asked if any decision on Frost would be up to Athletic Director Trev Alberts, Carter said, “We hired Trev as the athletic director. He’s a critical part of it. Ronnie (Green, chancellor) is in there. I’m in there. We’ll be part of it at the end of the day. Nothing gets done without some level of consensus.”

Carter added, “I’ve followed Scott for a long time, knew him when he was at UCF. I pull for him. I know Nebraskans love the guy. We just want to see Scott do well. That’s the bottom line.

"They (Nebraska) play tough to the team they’re playing. They just need to cut down on the mistakes and get into the win column.”

17 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

What does coaching maturity mean?

Experience.  Able to see the big picture  - ie, AAC methods won't work in the Big 10

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It all makes sense!

They misspelled it.

"far ahead of our skeeze" 

As in sleeze, or as in, "we don't want to get too far ahead of whores"

I could be wrong though :)

• Haha 1
  • Enhance locked and unlocked this topic