Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

29 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Swing for the fences and offer Luke Fickle a ridiculous number. 

Plenty of other more tempting schools can offer just as much as we can. He can pick and choose his destination. That’s why hot-name coaches like him are unrealistic, IMO. We need a young up and comer, like Chadwell, a coordinator looking to become a HC, or a previous HC who failed at his last destination who’s looking to rebound (i.e. Herman, Freeze). I would definitely reach out to Petersen, though. Maybe he’s got the itch? 

18 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Plenty of other more tempting schools can offer just as much as we can. He can pick and choose his destination. That’s why hot-name coaches like him are unrealistic, IMO. We need a young up and comer, like Chadwell, a coordinator looking to become a HC, or a previous HC who failed at his last destination who’s looking to rebound (i.e. Herman, Freeze). I would definitely reach out to Petersen, though. Maybe he’s got the itch? 

Ok and? I'm not entirely convinced we should can Frost this year so if we do we should ask Fickle. Doesn't seem like a longer shot than Bob Stoops to me who many have been mentioning and I'm not sold on any of the lesser known names. Offer Fickle a contract. If he goes somewhere else so be it. He is absolutely one of the top options out there in my mind. Give it a shot.

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Ok and? I'm not entirely convinced we should can Frost this year so if we do we should ask Fickle. Doesn't seem like a longer shot than Bob Stoops to me who many have been mentioning and I'm not sold on any of the lesser known names. Offer Fickle a contract. If he goes somewhere else so be it. He is absolutely one of the top options out there in my mind. Give it a shot.

Oh, give it a shot, absolutely. I’m just saying that there will be plenty of others taking their shots as well. Fickell is the pretty girl at the dance that all the men want, and she - err, he — can pick whoever he wants. 

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

For the most part our fan base is soft, too. Nebraska fans do not respond well to criticism or pessimism at all. For most of the past 15 or so years I’ve been one of the very few who voiced criticism, and most of the time, I was crucified and told to find a different team to cheer for. As of late others have started to see things differently so I’m no longer the minority. 

I don’t agree with this at all. I know a ton of husker fans that have been critical of the program for 20 years. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don’t agree with this at all. I know a ton of husker fans that have been critical of the program for 20 years. 

I wish someone would've introduced them to me. Heck, I was banned after I predicted Nebraska would lose to Minnesota in 2014 ("We aren't going to lose to friggin Minnesota".) I was banned when I said Bo should be let go ("If you know so much, maybe you should be the coach.") I was banned when I said our recruiting class wasn't good enough ("They will coach these guys up.") I was banned when I said Patrick O'Brien was overrated coming out of HS ("He was among the best at the Elite 11 camp! He's a blue-chipper!") I was banned when I said Riley was a bad hire ("his past players all love him - he didn't have the resources at Oregon State - this is a great hire"). Heck, even last year when I said I wasn't sold on Banker yet (and I'm still not) I was ridiculed. 

11 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I wish someone would've introduced them to me. Heck, I was banned after I predicted Nebraska would lose to Minnesota in 2014 ("We aren't going to lose to friggin Minnesota".) I was banned when I said Bo should be let go ("If you know so much, maybe you should be the coach.") I was banned when I said our recruiting class wasn't good enough ("They will coach these guys up.") I was banned when I said Patrick O'Brien was overrated coming out of HS ("He was among the best at the Elite 11 camp! He's a blue-chipper!") I was banned when I said Riley was a bad hire ("his past players all love him - he didn't have the resources at Oregon State - this is a great hire"). Heck, even last year when I said I wasn't sold on Banker yet (and I'm still not) I was ridiculed. 

Don’t base the fan base on this board. 

14 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

You were still discussing Mark Banker as recently as last year?  :lol:

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Christ how many bannings are mods letting slide these days.  Slackers

• Oh Yeah! 1

9 hours ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

I very much doubt Aranda is leaving Baylor for Lincoln.  It doesn't make much sense career wise.  Jim Leonhard at Wisconsin might be the choice if we are looking at Wisconsin DCs

I think Leonhard is coach in waiting for Wisconsin. I do like Aranda. I am not high on Fickell. He has a stud QB and easy schedule. We have seen that before. He’d be good but not great.

15 hours ago, chamrocck said:

I think Leonhard is coach in waiting for Wisconsin. I do like Aranda. I am not high on Fickell. He has a stud QB and easy schedule. We have seen that before. He’d be good but not great.

I'm becoming more impressed wt Aranda and his accomplishments - his defenses at Wisc and LSU and now in his 2nd year at Baylor he is showing all around improvement.   But then we do have the situation with him in that he is just in his 2nd year as HC - just like Frost  was when we hired him.  

4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I'm becoming more impressed wt Aranda and his accomplishments - his defenses at Wisc and LSU and now in his 2nd year at Baylor he is showing all around improvement.   But then we do have the situation with him in that he is just in his 2nd year as HC - just like Frost  was when we hired him.  

What type of staff did Aranda come up with? 

19 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Hi, I am one of the posters that has been critical for a very long time. Nice to meet you. 

• Plus1 1
  • Enhance locked and unlocked this topic