Made up your mind or waiting to see?

Hilltop

Have you already made up your mind?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, IUHusker said:

IU graduate that loves Nebraska football. 

Guess I’ve missed the “love” part.  Seems you created an account just to sow discord in Husker nation and cast aspersions on the coaching staff.  On 2nd thought maybe you are a real Husker fan :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

19 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I really do enjoy watching this team play.

Yes!  How could you not?!!  Minus a few rough starts, a few disastrous finishes, but overall, they've been very enjoyable to watch and always in it.  You eliminate some funky stuff happening, and this team could have drilled a lot of teams. I can't wait for purdue game.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lo country said:

Same. I wasn't BS'ing.  Die hard fan.  Win or lose.  More fun when we win, but I hated last years shortened season.  Have really hated not getting to see them in a bowl....

Hopefully this season.

But just take care of Purdue first.  They have an NFL receiver and DE.....and they put it to Iowa.....so we need to be focused and crisp.

And red zone efficiency please .....

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, admo said:

Yes!  How could you not?!!  Minus a few rough starts, a few disastrous finishes, but overall, they've been very enjoyable to watch and always in it.  You eliminate some funky stuff happening, and this team could have drilled a lot of teams. I can't wait for purdue game.

That funky stuff is killin' us.

• Plus1 1

Frost gets another year.  Unless we get absolutely shellacked in the remaining games in embarrassing fashion, he gets another year.

I'd love to see part of the Staff evaluated and make replacements as needed.  The worry with that though is you bring in Coaches to fill in the gaps knowing that you might only be here for a year.  That's a tough position to be in for both parties. 

I also worry about our Recruiting class too.  I don't follow it as much as others, but it's not looking too bright right now.

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, TheSker said:

There is good depth and talent in the waiting.  One of the reasons we can be thankful for the super seniors is it gives the next guys up more time to develop.

With Williams being out, we'll get to see a couple of them get some important game time now.

Remember, Farmer had picks in one game last season.

The cupboard is no longer bare 

if we’re that thankful for the super seniors, it means the cupboard wasn’t bare. 

• Thanks 2
7 hours ago, druski_2k5 said:

Frost gets another year.  Unless we get absolutely shellacked in the remaining games in embarrassing fashion, he gets another year.

I'd love to see part of the Staff evaluated and make replacements as needed.  The worry with that though is you bring in Coaches to fill in the gaps knowing that you might only be here for a year.  That's a tough position to be in for both parties. 

I also worry about our Recruiting class too.  I don't follow it as much as others, but it's not looking too bright right now.

You mean when every team in the conference has a player rated higher than your highest ranked player that is a cause for concern? 

• Plus1 2

18 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

You mean when every team in the conference has a player rated higher than your highest ranked player that is a cause for concern? 

Would having one solid recruit change anything?  Let's be honest, that doesn't mean anything right now to this season.

If they turn it around, plenty of good recruits will be available.  If they don't, it probably doesn't matter.  

By the way, the number 2 TE recruit in the country from last year will be on the field for Nebraska tomorrow.  Think he will change how we do the rest of the year? 

2 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Would having one solid recruit change anything?  Let's be honest, that doesn't mean anything right now to this season.

If they turn it around, plenty of good recruits will be available.  If they don't, it probably doesn't matter.  

By the way, the number 2 TE recruit in the country from last year will be on the field for Nebraska tomorrow.  Think he will change how we do the rest of the year? 

No but those saying "it is a small class you should expect a low ranking" should also take note that you have the lowest highest rated recruit in the conference. Additionally that player is a RB, which we have what feels like 12 of that are practically all Freshmen. Would a few highly productive JUCO linemen make a difference on our offense? Would just a OT? I mean if we are just 1 play away in all these games couldn't 1 more guy be the tipping point? 

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

No but those saying "it is a small class you should expect a low ranking" should also take note that you have the lowest highest rated recruit in the conference. Additionally that player is a RB, which we have what feels like 12 of that are practically all Freshmen. Would a few highly productive JUCO linemen make a difference on our offense? Would just a OT? I mean if we are just 1 play away in all these games couldn't 1 more guy be the tipping point? 

We are one player away until we are not.  Unless I missed it, did we sign a long term contract extension with our QB?  Was Toure a one year free agent or can we extend him as well?  Using a little a professional lingo this morning as College is becoming a pro league.

The point is, we will have plenty of new holes to fill in the not so distant future.  This is where the system does matter.  If the system is not structurally sound, the dam is constantly springing leaks.  Successful systems are able to withstand attrition and continue marching ahead.  We are engaged in micro focus when the problems are at the macro level.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

We are one player away until we are not.  Unless I missed it, did we sign a long term contract extension with our QB?  Was Toure a one year free agent or can we extend him as well?  Using a little a professional lingo this morning as College is becoming a pro league.

The point is, we will have plenty of new holes to fill in the not so distant future.  This is where the system does matter.  If the system is not structurally sound, the dam is constantly springing leaks.  Successful systems are able to withstand attrition and continue marching ahead.  We are engaged in micro focus when the problems are at the macro level.

Oh I completely agree. The issue isnt a player or 2. If that were the issue we wouldnt have our best season under Frost so far a 5-7 affair in year 2. Where we beat P5 giants Illinois, Northwestern and Maryland for our only P5 wins. 

• Plus1 2