Ohio State: What Did We Learn?

11 minutes ago, Decked said:

If we fire Austin/Verdu/ and maybe Held/Lubick + new QB transfer + special teams coordinator are you guys content with keeping Frost? At least accepting of it. 

I honestly don't know my answer to that...everything points me to "he needs to be shown the door"...but there is a small part of me that is like "well, maybe we should go 1 more year with stipulations." I honestly feel like that small part of me thinking that is really just me not caring anymore...and that sucks.

8 minutes ago, Decked said:

If we fire Austin/Verdu/ and maybe Held/Lubick + new QB transfer + special teams coordinator are you guys content with keeping Frost? At least accepting of it. 

We don't know if he does or doesn't. That's the dilemma. My best guess is that Scott Frost will be retained and that not many changes to our staff and scheme will be made. We don't have much to suggest otherwise.  

2 minutes ago, M.A. said:

We don't know if he does or doesn't. That's the dilemma. My best guess is that Scott Frost will be retained and that not many changes to our staff and scheme will be made. We don't have much to suggest otherwise.  

I think it’s basically gonna be make changes or you are gone. At least that’s what most think. The obvious issues are special teams & the OL/QB play. RBs are below average too. 

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Decked said:

I think it’s basically gonna be make changes or you are gone. At least that’s what most think. The obvious issues are special teams & the OL/QB play. RBs are below average too. 

Really think it is hard to gauge our RB's properly given our OL play. I do think Johnson is a good back, and nowhere near below average

Just now, UniversalMartin said:

Really think it is hard to gauge our RB's properly given our OL play. I do think Johnson is a good back, and nowhere near below average

We have had ONE good running back in his four years. A guy he didn’t even recruit. No 1,000 guys after that. Held is not a good coach. Overrated as a talent evaluator. Bring back Ron Brown. It’s really that easy. 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Decked said:

We have had ONE good running back in his four years. A guy he didn’t even recruit. No 1,000 guys after that. Held is not a good coach. Overrated as a talent evaluator. Bring back Ron Brown. It’s really that easy. 

Thank you!  Another person who sees this.  Ron is on staff (wouldn't "risk" leaving a job), has a great history of coaching RB's and is a mentor to Frost....A win/win.....

• Plus1 1

I don’t know where to put this, I don’t think it deserves its own thread so I looked for a recent one that could at least closely relate.

But I just watched Purdue beat #3 Michigan state and it isn’t the first big win of Purdue this year. The Boilermakers are now 6-3 and tied for first in the Big Ten West.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn’t Purdue hire Brohm when we hired Frost? And it’s Purdue, they don’t have much history or tradition since their early 2000’s days, yet here he is in year 4 with his program still ascending upward. This is Purdue.

So what I think we can all learn from today is, it doesn’t take 4 years to rebuild, yet we’ve been sold this since 2003, that it takes 4 years every new coach. I think that’s old school and outdated thinking and expectations. Purdue was in no better shape than us back in 2018 and they certainly didn’t have the long standing tradition and support of Nebraska and they are located in West Lafayette. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 4
1 hour ago, Decked said:

If you have an offensive guy as a head coach who calls the plays and to fix the offense you need replace every coach but Beckton then maybe the problem is Frost.

Still doesn't change the fact that I'll still watch every game.

1 minute ago, BoNeyard said:

I don’t know where to put this, I don’t think it deserves its own thread so I looked for a recent one that could at least closely relate.

But I just watched Purdue beat #3 Michigan state and it isn’t the first big win of Purdue this year. The Boilermakers are now 6-3 and tied for first in the Big Ten West.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn’t Purdue hire Brohm when we hired Frost? And it’s Purdue, they don’t have much history or tradition since their early 2000’s days, yet here he is in year 4 with his program still ascending upward. This is Purdue.

So what I think we can all learn from today is, it doesn’t take 4 years to rebuild, yet we’ve been sold this since 2003, that it takes 4 years every new coach. I think that’s old school and outdated thinking and expectations. Purdue was in no better shape than us back in 2018 and they certainly didn’t have the long standing tradition and support of Nebraska and they are located in West Lafayette. 

Illinois has more wins against ranked opponents this season than Frost has in 4 years. 

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, LumberJackSker said:

Illinois has more wins against ranked opponents this season than Frost has in 4 years. 

See this type of stuff. NU Athletics and media has sold us for almost 2 decades that it takes 4 years for a coach to turn things around. That’s not true anymore, it shouldn’t take that long no matter how bad it is when a coach takes over.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1