Ohio State: What Did We Learn?

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

You're going to have to be more specific than that. Every kicker on our roster has had trouble this year.

You never want a head case kicker on your team. That is the one quality a kicker can't have. If they all have that quality they are all worthless and you have to find a different kicker

Just now, ndobney said:

You never want a head case kicker on your team. That is the one quality a kicker can't have. If they all have that quality they are all worthless and you have to find a different kicker

Great. We'll just run down to the college kicker store and grab a couple after we realize midway through the season that our All Big Ten returning kicker is a head case, as are all of his backups.

• Plus1 1

As I continue to watch football this weekend, particularly B1G games/teams, I will never again utter "teams we should beat" when referring to teams in the B1G.  We are now the team that others should beat.  Losing to NU should be considered an abject failure on the part of those teams and staff......NU, regardless of these "moral victories" is a bottom feeder of a program at the current time.  Just imagine how dangerous we will be when we start developing our dead last recruit classes....

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is why if the administration is keeping Frost next year, you do so with the stipulation that the defensive staff stays, but the offensive staff must be changed along with an offensive scheme change.

The offensive scheme at the very least needs to be adjusted to be built around the offensive line and running game, and not be completely based around the QB.

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So Martinez has surgery and ends his season.

And we roll with Smothers.

At that point, you're happy? I feel like the anger would just shift to Smothers for losses, and people would start demanding we play Haarberg.

Actually frost would probably have had a better argument for coming back if they went that route. 

let’s not let our disdain for anti frost commentary destroy our ability to think critically. 

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Great. We'll just run down to the college kicker store and grab a couple after we realize midway through the season that our All Big Ten returning kicker is a head case, as are all of his backups.

Midway through the season? Bro I said next year. The first team all state Nebraska high school kicker wants an offer  from Nebraska hasn't gotten one yet? My bad I just assumed most people knew that.

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Is that store a real place? Because that is absolutely what they should have done about 9 games ago.