Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

1 minute ago, Decked said:

More to it than that. Home state. Parents can see him play. Former coach. Same league. Better coach & potential to get drafted/noticed. And the money doesn’t hurt 

Lots of reasons sure, I'm alluding to that was our chance to go over the top with NIL and it just isn't happening here no matter what people think is going on.  We aren't in the same class as these other schools and we'd need to be #1 to make up for the rest of our shortcomings.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Lots of reasons sure, I'm alluding to that was our chance to go over the top with NIL and it just isn't happening here no matter what people think is going on.  We aren't in the same class as these other schools and we'd need to be #1 to make up for the rest of our shortcomings.

What?! He didn’t jump at the chance to make $20 a month from pipeline burrito sales?! I can’t believe that!

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, runningblind said:

And yet we were able to go get a QB from Texas that claims NIL is better here. 

• Plus1 4

43 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And yet we were able to go get a QB from Texas that claims NIL is better here. 

Yea maybe for him specifically. That might be more of an indictment that they really didn’t try very hard to keep him cause I can almost guarantee he’s not making more than Quinn Ewers.

• Plus1 4

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

FYI…..I can’t express enough how much the entire bidding war for recruits openly being a part of the process makes me less interested in the final product. It’s a big part of why I’m not a big fan of pro sports. 

I "plus 1'd" but at least in the pros the guys have proved something.  There is a set framework that all teams need to work within and it actually makes for interesting/fun off seasons.

Heck, the NFL has more perimeters for paying their players!

This college thing is just stupid.  I want players to get paid for their Youtube channels and such, but what we are seeing is just stupid bidding wars from business owning alumni.

• Plus1 2