Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

I saw this question on twitter and now can't find it.  But, I wonder if there will be programs now that really don't make recruiting a top QB out of HS a priority and just plan on working that position from the portal.  

You have a certain number of elite QBs every year out of HS and even then, some end up good and some don't.  So, why not focus on bringing in a QB that has some experience playing in college and has shown some talent to be successful at that level?  Sure, you can offer a top QB out of HS and if he falls in love with your program, bring him in.  But, if not, it's not a panic situation and just get one from the portal.

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I saw this question on twitter and now can't find it.  But, I wonder if there will be programs now that really don't make recruiting a top QB out of HS a priority and just plan on working that position from the portal.  

You have a certain number of elite QBs every year out of HS and even then, some end up good and some don't.  So, why not focus on bringing in a QB that has some experience playing in college and has shown some talent to be successful at that level?  Sure, you can offer a top QB out of HS and if he falls in love with your program, bring him in.  But, if not, it's not a panic situation and just get one from the portal.

That we don't already have a QB commit from the portal indicates its not as easy to just "get one from the portal."

I'm actually wondering if they're considering rolling with Torres game 1.  The kid is 6'6 and has an absolute cannon.  Just curious.

5 minutes ago, MasterPulverizer said:

That we don't already have a QB commit from the portal indicates its not as easy to just "get one from the portal."

I'm actually wondering if they're considering rolling with Torres game 1.  The kid is 6'6 and has an absolute cannon.  Just curious.

That's a pretty big swing for the HS kid when there are already two QBs on campus and one with game experience.

I would venture to say it would be more of that they are comfortable with being able to find a starter with the three they have.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, MasterPulverizer said:

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's a pretty big swing for the HS kid when there are already two QBs on campus and one with game experience.

This would be twilight zone. Another true freshman without a (full) senior year starting at NU? If the kid wins the spot then by all means be the starter, but I doubt it happens. 

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, he goes from Utah (P5) to Liberty......and for some reason people think this is the guy we should go after?

Why did he only end up at Liberty then instead of staying at P5?

Don't know if I'd say "people" think we should go after him...just me.

There's lots of guys that go down.  My guess is he wants to know he's the guy without question.  He's an old fart, he needs a bit more good tape if he wants a shot at the show.   

I'm mostly bs'ing with the brewer stuff...but I thought he was a good qb.

4 hours ago, MasterPulverizer said:

The majority of QBs in the portal haven’t committed. 

• Fire 1