Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

You're getting unnecessarily defensive. Obviously you're welcome to speak your mind, just like everyone here is welcome to disagree. :dunno 

I don't necessarily disagree with your logic about why some winning coaches may not want to come to Nebraska if they're currently having success, but you painted an incredibly broad brush about 'winning coaches' not wanting to come to Nebraska, even calling it a quicksand job. Unless there's some kind of quote or evidence that coaches think this, then that sounds awfully like a projection. Few people, with a straight face, are looking at Frost or Riley and thinking they got a short end of the stick. Chances are that a number of winning coaches would jump at the opportunity to coach at a university like Nebraska, particularly some P5 ones if the money is right.

Yeah, the recent W/L record at NU sucks, but you dangle a high enough salary, pretty good recruiting capabilities/resources, the brand new facilities, the fan base, and some job security in the contract, I stand by what I said - there will be a good coach willing to jump into that quicksand. The college football world is a wild one.

So, we'll see how it shakes out. If Nebraska ends up targeting a number of successful winning P5 coaches and strikes out on every single one then I will come back here and eat crow.

That is unnecessary.  No, I am not, at all.  You responded to me, and I replied. :dunno  Can't we just have a talk, some opinions and a hug?  It is all good man.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think serious college football observers have been seriously impressed by what Deion has done at Jackson State. 

I'm impressed - I noted as much above.

Stealing top recruits for an FCS school ain't nothing. It's not all glitz, he's legitimately growing the program. It may or may not play elsewhere, including Nebraska. Certainly a risk. But we might have to take more of a risk.

Nebraska won't hire Sanders, but people shouldn't freak out about his name coming up.

I think that's fair. To be clear, I think if he wants to get into the FBS level, he's on the path to doing so. I just think he is probably among the most outlandish candidates mentioned to this point, and I agree - he won't be hired at NU.