Who should our next HC be?

4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

As @RedDenver said, all flash and no substance. His formula at Jackson St does not translate to what Nebraska needs at all. I’ve seen absolutely nothing that leads me to believe he would have any success at Nebraska or in the B1G.

Wow I'm actually kinda shocked you would say that about Deion Sanders. Yes he may be flamboyant but in his very short coaching career he has had success. When you are 18-5 overall as a coach your doing something right yes I know your going to say the competition he is facing are cupcake teams bc their not power 5 teams but he can only control how his team is playing which to me is fundamental sound. I do feel kids gravitate towards his presence and his disciplinary manner and whoever does decide to take a chance on him they are getting a winner. 

• Fire 1

13 hours ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Texas? What in the world makes you think Texas will be open this year? Sark is in his 2nd year, they're 2-1 with a 1 point loss to Alabama being their only loss, and he just landed one of the best recruits in college football history. Sark ain't going anywhere this year.

clueless... they would fire sark if they knew urban was coming

34 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Agreed. As I said before I'd consider Aranda to be a home run, but chances are slim.

Matt House is another guy I'll add to the mix

I really think that we're needing someone having head coaching experience. They only exception might be Jim Leonard and even then I'm having some reservations.

House has a lot of experience. 

For everyone saying Deion Sanders, it will never happen. Let’s just talk about the big elephant in the room. I have talked to many of the old champions from the 70’s as of late and they all seem to agree that the older generation of large donors wouldn’t ever support a black head coach, let alone someone as vocal and flamboyant as Deion. It is that generation. It just won’t happen. That is the sad truth of living in the state of Nebraska, especially anything west of Omaha and/or Lincoln, which is the majority of the state. It isn’t hard to believe.   

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

https://youtu.be/WVeERvpijUU Will Compton very basic thoughts on Nebraska hiring

It's still amazing to me. Change the name Scott Frost to someone different. One magnificent season and people were delirious. I don't get it. Sure, he was an experienced offensive coordinator. Scott checked a lot of boxes except the main ones.

Seasoning and management skills and, practicality. 

The AAC isn't the Big 10. Add in an under-qualified staff and a scheme that wasn't going to be a fit. It's obvious that the differences were underestimated. Teams are going to adjust to us...Don't confuse confidence with competence. 

Maybe Frost knew that he was in over his head to begin with. When there's doubt that you will be able to get the players that you need. That you can essentially get all the skilled players that you need within a 50 mile radius of UCF that you don't believe that you'll be able to get within 500 of Lincoln while you're doubting that you can get the job done. That's telling.

Nick Saban is as credible as some people believe. They guy knows how to adjust and adapt on a continuum. And it seems that he values his offensive line players every bit as much as his skilled ones. Maybe attempting to fit square pegs into round holes doesn't work no matter how hard ya hammer huh...Smart people haven't convinced themselves that a certain script has to be followed. Intelligent people can outsmart themselves. Saban doesn't. He doesn't attempt to dictate what they answers are. Resolution comes to him with what he's presented with then he works with it.  

Listen to the guy. Foolishness is really irritating to him. Lol 

When something isn't working, fix it. If you don't know how, stay out of the kitchen or at least away from more substantial cookeries. One can understand how it might become overwhelming being an anointed one and then having all the shimmer eventually lose its' luster no matter how much hot air is blown. The circle of friends becomes more and more of a liability. Desperation seeps in. Things fall apart. The last wheel wobbles into the ditch.

At least now we can all finally have a moment of silence once the disbelief has gone. Might we catch our bearings and begin to roll forward again gaining momentum! FULL THROTTLE AHEAD. :) 

Cheers 

35 minutes ago, Bad2theBONES said:

For everyone saying Deion Sanders, it will never happen. Let’s just talk about the big elephant in the room. I have talked to many of the old champions from the 70’s as of late and they all seem to agree that the older generation of large donors wouldn’t ever support a black head coach, let alone someone as vocal and flamboyant as Deion. It is that generation. It just won’t happen. That is the sad truth of living in the state of Nebraska, especially anything west of Omaha and/or Lincoln, which is the majority of the state. It isn’t hard to believe.   

Easy now. That's offending to many of us westerners. ;) 

Most of us recognize Deion is unlikely. We simply admire what he represents. 

• Plus1 2