.667 winning percentage in P5 2-1 D1 record

Excellent recruiter great position/territory recruiter

Players appear to love him Okay, I'll give you that one

Likeable, no nonsense guy who tells it how it is Okay, this one too :D

we could do worse Great guy, but horribly under-qualified

Let me just fix that for you...

23 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Let me just fix that for you...

Those are obvious to everyone and I agree, he is underqualified.  However they are true facts and my last statement holds true- If he maintains a 2/3 winning percentage, it will be hard to justify not going with him imo.  It would also place some weird pressure on the new coach if he didn't perform very well.  First 2 games of 2023 are on the road vs P5 opponents... not going to be a very easy start to a tenure, especially if he is replacing the homegrown guy that got the job done under very difficult circumstances.    

2 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

The recruiting aspect is a huge point. Judging Mickey SOLELY on what he does with an inherited (and fundamentally flawed) roster this season IGNORES the intriguing prospect of what he could do with the kind of team that he can recruit. Who is the last Husker FB coach who was a star recruiter?

Great CEO's have the confidence and the humility to surround themselves with people who are much smarter than they are. Mickey is a leader. I guarantee he would surround himself with an amazing staff to compliment his weaknesses. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2

3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Good article but why do you think Auburn- only because of recruiting??

Yeah. He apparently chose Baylor over other schools because of the in state recruiting talent. But that is probably just speculation? The article called out that we would make him have to recruit nationwide.