POLL: Scott Frost's remaining Time at NU

How much Time Does Frost Have Left?  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After the NW disaster and knowing that Frost's buyout falls to a miserly sum of $7 million on Oct 1, I thought I'd check when 

or IF Trev pulls the trigger and fires Frost. 

Also a question on who you think should be the interim HC if Frost gets canned prior to the end of the season. 

What I'm not sure about is Frost will be Forst out the week of October 1st, assuming he loses to Oklahoma. 

What I'm pretty sure about is Trev gave MJ the Associate Head Coach gig specifically to be the interim whenever Frost was Forst out.  That seems obvious.   Just like when Associate Head Coach Barney Cotton was the interim for Pelini.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What I'm not sure about is Frost will be Forst out the week of October 1st, assuming he loses to Oklahoma. 

What I'm pretty sure about is Trev gave MJ the Associate Head Coach gig specifically to be the interim whenever Frost was Forst out.  That seems obvious.   Just like when Associate Head Coach Barney Cotton was the interim for Pelini.

Yes,  I forgot the "associate HC' title.  Kind of voids my 2nd question

I found this interesting:

https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/2022/08/28/nebraska-players-and-scott-frost-sound-exactly-like-clay-helton-did-at-usc/

I know we don’t have Clay Helton at USC anymore, and I know we’re all excited about the Lincoln Riley era, but the implosion of Nebraska football under Scott Frost is the kind of story which elicits unmistakable parallels with Helton.

The story is too obvious, the connections too strong, to simply ignore.

As USC prepares for a new era and leaves behind the Helton years, it’s worth noting Nebraska’s loss to Northwestern and, beyond it, the way Husker coaches and players reacted to it.

What was seen and heard bore such a strong and overpowering resemblance to the things we would see and hear from the Helton Trojans after USC lost a game.

One quote in particular jumped out at me when I was digesting the postgame scene following the Huskers’ 31-28 loss to Northwestern in Dublin, Ireland. You’ll want to follow Cornhuskers Wire for complete coverage of the game.

Get a look at this quote:

This is such a Clay Helton quote, isn’t it?

A team just suffered a terrible loss, an unacceptable loss. Optimism about the road ahead is not the way to react to this loss. A healthier culture would have people spitting mad at this performance and the inability to solve longstanding flaws within the program.

Helton annoyed USC fans to no end by expressing optimism when the reality of the situation was terrible. Fans don’t mind optimism in itself; they do mind optimism when not accompanied by accountability and honesty, and an ability to accurately evaluate situations.

You can see the lack of gut-level honesty at Nebraska. You can see that players still don’t hate losing. Players are extensions of the head coach. To that extent, it’s clear that Scott Frost has not taught his players to absolutely despise the thought of losing football games.

No wonder the problems aren’t getting fixed.

It’s such a Clay Helton vibe at Nebraska.

Thank goodness that era has ended at USC. On to Lincoln Riley, on to Rice this upcoming Saturday afternoon.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

As long as it’s not a limbo walk all fall.  Recruits and fans will want to know.  If he announces Frost is staying or going before hand. Otherwise Frost has no chance to hang on to the class - those kids won’t wait.  Trev needs to announce something imo.  But the end of season as the date to stay or go is ok.  

After what we saw on Saturday there is a realistic possibility we could go 2-10 this year. NW is greatly improved from last year, but they're not world beaters. We made their QB look like Joe Montana and our defense was more gassed than Miami was in '94. 

If Frost can turn it around, we all win! I want to see Nebraska be successful regardless of who is at the helm. A successful Frost means we win a lot more games this year and I can be all in on that. Is that realistic? Doubt it. 

My guess is if we continue to play this way, he's gone 10/1 and Joseph is interim. Alberts knows we need a splash and will have the financial backing to go get one. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I disagree. It gives you time to get a head start on the coaching search, and perhaps get a deal in place. Wait til the end of the season, and there are many other vacancies that coaches can pick and choose from.

If you don't think those things are going on behind the scenes....

• Plus1 3