Frost Fired!

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

August 23, Frost leaving Memorial Stadium to go to Ireland.

September 11, Frost leaving the stadium after meeting with Trev.

Life comes at you fast.

Judging by his demeanor, I recant my last statement lol. I don’t think he will address the media. Maybe just a general PR statement or something ending with Go Big Red.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

In hindsight, Frost either should have been fired last year or been allowed to retain the coaches he wanted to retain. That said that may have dragged this out longer because he might have gone 5-7. 

I thought the same. You really can’t dictate how to coach to a coach.  I guess in the end Albert’s experiment didn’t work. 

43 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Dear goodness we are stupid and deserve to be the laughingstock.

Yup.  This is what happens when you keep around a coach with a .333 winning percentage for a 5th year and lower his buyout with a publicly acknowledged date.  Every game this year was going to be a referendum of Frost.  It was unhealthy for him, the players, the staff, the media, and the fans.

Everyone knew he wasn't cut out for the job after last year, but people's feelings about him winning the '97 ship cost us a year of program moving forward.  Hell, after the 2020 debacle most knew it was over, but just wouldn't admit it to themselves.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The discussion was about a booster paying to cover the cost of the coaches buyouts. It's not that the university would use the money directly to NIL, but rather that the booster could use the money for NIL.

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

It's not athletic department money.  It's booster money.

So we’re going to blame the timing on Trev because some boosters had finally seen enough? Seems a bit unreasonable.

I’m just struggling to understand people’s angst with the timing or $7.5M of somebody else’s money. Nobody can claim it wasn’t inevitable so I don’t see any sense in waiting. But yeah, I’m surprised they didn’t wait a couple more weeks but I’ll stop way shy of calling it incompetence.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

So we’re going to blame the timing on Trev because some boosters had finally seen enough? Seems a bit unreasonable.

I’m just struggling to understand people’s angst with the timing or $7.5M of somebody else’s money. Nobody can claim it wasn’t inevitable so I don’t see any sense in waiting. But yeah, I’m surprised they didn’t wait a couple more weeks but I’ll stop way shy of calling it incompetence.

We've said the reasoning several times.  You just keep ignoring it.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Yup.  This is what happens when you keep around a coach with a .333 winning percentage for a 5th year and lower his buyout with a publicly acknowledged date.  Every game this year was going to be a referendum of Frost.  It was unhealthy for him, the players, the staff, the media, and the fans.

Everyone knew he wasn't cut out for the job after last year, but people's feelings about him winning the '97 ship cost us a year of program moving forward.  Hell, after the 2020 debacle most knew it was over, but just wouldn't admit it to themselves.

Reality is if he was not Frost, he would've been let go NLT than 2021.  I know some wanted him (had serious doubts) prior to 2021.  At least IIRC, Shiano and Cutcliff are safe as far as being the only 2 coaches to actually get a winning season after 4 losing seasons  (might have been 3).  

Bottom line, Frost was not going to turn the program around.  Giving some magical drop dead date to be fired or kept was a poor decision.  Every game Frost and Company were waiting for the shoe to drop.  Who would want to coach or play in that environment.  Talk about tension and the elephant in the room.  Maybe with the HC gone, the team and staff can get them playing better.  Be interested to watch TBH.

• Plus1 1