2022 Coaching Carousel

On 12/6/2022 at 10:41 AM, Guy Chamberlin said:

Well at least it opens room back up for all the Kevin Wilson to Tulsa chatter. 

Hey, I"m a Tulsa guy(Thus TGHusker).  So I will add to that chatter!!(or actually start it) Both of my sons graduated from TU.  Glad they got Wilson -  I remember when he was the OC under Bob Stoops.  Helped Bob win a few conference championships.   He'll do a good job an TU.  Philip Montgomery, the former TU coach, was a great guy, very well respected had some good years but his 8 year run end up with him being 46-58 or something like that. 

• Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Hey, I"m a Tulsa guy(Thus TGHusker).  So I will add to that chatter!!(or actually start it) Both of my sons graduated from TU.  Glad they got Wilson -  I remember when he was the OC under Bob Stoops.  Helped Bob win a few conference championships.   He'll do a good job an TU.  Philip Montgomery, the former TU coach, was a great guy, very well respected had some good years but his 8 year run end up with him being 46-58 or something like that. 

Wilson is a giant aashole

• TBH 2

20 minutes ago, Red Five said:

He also was supposedly a finalist for the Duke job last year.

Stanford is a "little Ivy."  That type of background is important to them.  My son plays FB and competes in track at a little Ivy.  I have learned a lot about that world.  They like to keep things in that house if possible.

https://www.bestcolleges.com/blog/public-ivy-schools-and-little-ivies/

33 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Stanford is a "little Ivy."  That type of background is important to them.  My son plays FB and competes in track at a little Ivy.  I have learned a lot about that world.  They like to keep things in that house if possible.

https://www.bestcolleges.com/blog/public-ivy-schools-and-little-ivies/

This list is kinda dumb.  They have the University of Illinois - Urbana listed as "public Ivy".  I dated a girl who went there and met a bunch of her friends.  From knowing them I'm  pretty sure the lone question on the entrance exam was "do you have a pulse".

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

This list is kinda dumb.  They have the University of Illinois - Urbana listed as "public Ivy".  I dated a girl who went there and met a bunch of her friends.  From knowing them I'm  pretty sure the lone question on the entrance exam was "do you have a pulse".

I used to work at a Public Ivy, and they tried to squeeze a hell of a lot of juice from that designation. The school was a pretty good academic institution in reality, but seeing "Public Ivy" all over the place (marketing emails, banners on light poles around campus, mentioned in administrator speeches) really felt like they were trying to hard to make that mean something.

• Plus1 1
On 12/7/2022 at 1:55 PM, TGHusker said:

Hmmmm... I knew you were Tulsa but I never put it together.  I was completely off.

Always thought TGHusker meant Tulsa Gangsta   :)chuckleshuffle

• Oh Yeah! 1