What players leave after the season? 2022/23 version

8 hours ago, Farms said:

Could be. Also you look at a guy like Farmer that’s listed as a Junior but has already played 4 years here. I mean we know what the ceiling is and Rhule might be wanting to roll with younger guys. I think we’ll havre some guys not listed at seniors be encouraged to move on if they don’t do it on their own.

That's kinda Rhule's MO.  Play the young guys because the old guys have already proved they can lose games 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

That's kinda Rhule's MO.  Play the young guys because the old guys have already proved they can lose games 

Rhule basically said something similar when he was on Bussin’ with the Boys shortly after his hire. Rhule said something to the effect of “not sure if they have any reason not to listen to me or try things my way, they haven’t done much winning in the past 5 years”. If players are trying to stick with their old way of thinking, they will be left behind. 

Interesting specifically about if the Newsome news is real.  Just last week Cooper said this…

“Quinton has been great for me. He does what we ask of him. He’s embraced the transition and sticks by me. He’s my messenger. I expect him to have a great season,” Cooper said. “Typically, we just try to go day to day. But if we want to forecast a little bit, I think he should have his best season as a Husker.”

Farmer and Sanford I agree with the consensus that they are replaceable and mainly just depth at this point.

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, Farms said:

Per Sean Callahan Farmer is the only player missing from fan day. Both Newsome and Singleton are there.

Farmer was just flat out not very good. I really don’t think this is much of a loss. In a spot where team depth is greatest this is the best case scenario. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

Didn't Hood just get here?  Fleeks was recruited to Baylor by Rhule and played for him....Maybe like Sherman said it might mean nothing.  Who knows.

Hood came here in the spring. And yes who knows why they are absent 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Do we really have people holding up tape to create lanes? We can't afford the movie theatre retractable things? This is on par with not being able to afford microphones for the people asking questions in interviews.  :lol:

That uniform “droop” in the tape is on point though!

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Do we really have people holding up tape to create lanes? We can't afford the movie theatre retractable things? This is on par with not being able to afford microphones for the people asking questions in interviews.  :lol:

Stantions. Stantions is the word you are looking for. They are heavy and you have to store them.  You don't have to store people holding tape 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1