Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

On 4/12/2023 at 1:39 PM, teachercd said:

Have you noticed more CU talk out there since they hired Coach Prime?

I listen to quite a bit of sports talk radio, and there has been a lot more CU talk since Prime was hired. It's nauseating really, because they haven't accomplished anything yet, but a lot of the media feels like he's going to be the savior for the program. Denver is still a Broncos town, but the good season by the Avs following the cup and the Nuggets hopefully finally doing something this season have become frequent talking points. It also helps that their postseasons are during the NFL offseason too obviously. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, GSG said:

I've spoken to one CU "fan" about Deion Sanders. They don't like him because it's all flash and whatnot. However, this same person doesn't like NIL cuz these kids are already going to school for free lol 

Having lived here for 37 years I’ve only stumbled across 2 types of CU fan. 1- Fairweather bandwagon fans. They’ve been pretty non-existent lately…but the Prime hire is bringing them back out. 2- The insuffable jackwagons that went to CU and know very little about actual CU sports but still pop off when it’s convenient. The thing both groups have in common is they are know nothing jerks.

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

My son played a baseball game up in Fort Collins on Saturday afternoon.  The other school shoveled the entire field in order to get the game in.  It was pretty ridiculous.

I don’t know what else they could do. Colorado weather is extremely hit or miss for outdoor sports in March and April and even May.

Coach Prime, Colorado Buffaloes stage quite the show in snowy spring game

Coach Prime, Colorado Buffaloes stage quite the show in snowy spring game - CBS Colorado (cbsnews.com)

"We're heading in a great direction," said Shedeur Sanders, who wore gold-colored cleats. "Everybody had a great time."

Colorado Spring Game Football

- Sidenote - I am excited about them too, but I just wished we didn't have to play them this year or anytime soon.  Like the Huskers, we both were really good in the 90s and have been average or bad for years and years.  Both teams needed new coaches, new energy, new life, new direction and some talent to get better again. 

Hope we win, but it's a road game that I cannot expect anything going into this game but nervousness lol.  Just being honest.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I recorded and watched a little more than 5 minutes of their spring game. It was a lot of gross Colorado propaganda on the broadcast so I don’t recommend watching.

Obviously don’t want to make too many declarations off a spring game but I was a tiny bit surprised at how big their first team OLine is and how well they moved. That’s not to say they were a good unit, just that they were big and moved well. The offense goes very fast and will be a tough conditioning test for us at altitude. Their RBs look solid and I do think Deion’s son has potential at QB. A couple players in their front 7 flashed a bit to me but overall, I think their defense is still going to be pretty bad which is likely an upgrade from last year.

Overall, I think they went from being a double digit lock for us given last year’s trajectory and will now be a good early season test instead. Ball control and win TOP and crush their souls.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1