Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

1 minute ago, Crusader Husker said:

I am really hoping to hear Bob Diaco will be the next DC.  I saw Prime is still looking.

I need a good laugh today.

I'll be interested to see who they end up getting. I'm guessing a NFL retread of some type, like Ken Norton Jr, maybe Mike Zimmer. Kelley leaving CU is actually a good thing for them because he STINKS

• TBH 1

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Year 1: more violations or wins?

I don't understand how anyone in college football can gloss over transfer portal violations.  Ho-hum news. 

Or that a school can do a "self impose" punishment for it.  Ho-humm.

Put the coach on suspension for 3 games.  Or make it 6.  Have some guts.  They might not do it again next time.  

Maybe the HC should ask someone in his family if he's attended a physical class. For some reason, I feel this should be a requirement for being able to compete for said school, have to attend classes in person. I know because of COVID, all of classes have online options, but to never attend...C'Mon Man.

"I don't even know if Shedeur has ever taken a class on campus in his college career."

https://www.si.com/college/colorado/buffs-social/shedeur-sanders-has-never-taken-a-class-on-campus-and-missing-out-according-to-coach-prime

He does also ask a great NIL question:

"But then you gotta ask the question, are they really getting compensated for their name, image, and likeness? We always hear about NIL, but we don’t ever see NIL."

When was the last time you saw any college athlete (except that stupid Dr. Pepper Commerical with Caleb Williams) in some sort of advertising? Bring it closer to home, besides DaColdest, for ACs, have you seen any Huskers having their Name Image or Likeness used for anything or any Creighton basketball players. Maybe because I'm not in Lincoln I don't see it for Huskers, but I'm in Omaha and I never see anything for Creighton basketball players, and I know they all have NIL deals. It's become legal bribery where the athletes are getting a bag, but not for the right reason. They should be getting compensation from the NCAA and not boosters.

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, Madcows said:

Maybe the HC should ask someone in his family if he's attended a physical class. For some reason, I feel this should be a requirement for being able to compete for said school, have to attend classes in person. I know because of COVID, all of classes have online options, but to never attend...C'Mon Man.

https://www.si.com/college/colorado/buffs-social/shedeur-sanders-has-never-taken-a-class-on-campus-and-missing-out-according-to-coach-prime

He does also ask a great NIL question:

When was the last time you saw any college athlete (except that stupid Dr. Pepper Commerical with Caleb Williams) in some sort of advertising? Bring it closer to home, besides DaColdest, for ACs, have you seen any Huskers having their Name Image or Likeness used for anything or any Creighton basketball players. Maybe because I'm not in Lincoln I don't see it for Huskers, but I'm in Omaha and I never see anything for Creighton basketball players, and I know they all have NIL deals. It's become legal bribery where the athletes are getting a bag, but not for the right reason. They should be getting compensation from the NCAA and not boosters.

While the way NIL is operating currently is incredibly murky, most of it run through these collectives does technically fit the bill in terms of, "Okay, here's the bag we got for you and now your expectation is to sign these footballs, attend these booster events, take these photos, show up at blah blah blah". 

3 hours ago, Madcows said:

For some reason, I feel this should be a requirement for being able to compete for said school, have to attend classes in person. 

Somewhat agree. 

I'm sure they'll hide behind an excuse of "being a distraction " classmates wanting photos\tiktok videos, etc.

Livvy Dunne cited safety for why she didn't attend classes. I have no doubts there were gross mouth breathers all over the LSU campus looking to see her.

17 hours ago, BlackHillsHusker said:

Somewhat agree. 

I'm sure they'll hide behind an excuse of "being a distraction " classmates wanting photos\tiktok videos, etc.

Livvy Dunne cited safety for why she didn't attend classes. I have no doubts there were gross mouth breathers all over the LSU campus looking to see her.

I had to look up who she was, and I can understand safety concerns, but then that's on the university (and part of Title IX) to provide safe learning environments for the students. Title IX specially spells out that the institution must remove the cause, not remove the student. So if Livvy, or any student, was justifiable unsafe in a class or campus, instead of removing the person from the class or campus, the institution is to remove the person(s) causing the student to feel unsafe. We had an issue very similar while my oldest was in middle school. She was getting some unwanted sexual comments from a male classmate, she brought it up to school counselor and principle. We had a meeting and the principle said he would be willing to move my daughter to the other team to help her feel safe. I told him, that's fine, but be prepared to lose the lawsuit on that decision. My daughter doesn't get uprooted, have to rearrange her schedule, not see her friends that she made on this team so as not to disrupt the schedule of the male verbally assaulting her. You move him, and if you can't move him, you remove him. I'm sure the principle made a few calls to verify what I said, and said student was switched to the other 'team' in the school that afternoon.

• Plus1 1
  • 3 weeks later...