*** Matt Rhule Hired as New Husker Head Coach ***

Mavric

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

This class will probably end up somewhere in the 20-35 range, just like the majority of classes we have had the last 20 years.

I think the high water mark post Callahan is Bo's 2011 class which finished 16th on 247.  That class had 9 4*s out of 21 total.

Yes you’re absolutely right. Time will tell, I don’t think Rhule is done yet…

Just now, Scofrosghost said:

It is….according to 247

It is right now, which really just means it isn't.

We've been top 10 in recruiting at various parts of the offseason before. You can't compare one class in June to every other class after it finished. Well, I mean I guess you can, but it's a worthless comparison and the class won't finish anywhere near where it is now in the rankings. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Lorewarn said:

It is right now, which really just means it isn't.

We've been top 10 in recruiting at various parts of the offseason before. You can't compare one class in June to every other class after it finished. Well, I mean I guess you can, but it's a worthless comparison and the class won't finish anywhere near where it is now in the rankings. 

Yes, you’re absolutely right. I was getting ahead of myself a bit. What did we take last year like 28? We have a little room to add more but yeah we will likely drop a few spots

I'd rather have a #25 ranked class if it consists of kids that really want to be here and succeed along with a staff that will develop them as opposed to a #15 ranked class that consists of kids with a lot of baggage that don't really want to be here along with a staff that fails at development.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
8 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Espn has a story of Matt Rhule and his Nebraska rebuild on their college football page.   Im not a subscriber so I can't read the whole story but thought it was interesting that even espn has something on Matt Rhule and Nebraska.  If someone is a subscriber to espn + please share.

I gotchu, fam

https://archive.is/nMNCl

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

• Mavric unpinned this topic