*** Matt Rhule Hired as New Husker Head Coach ***

Mavric

7 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Might have something to do with them being 1-11 last year, with only one single-digit loss. 

And I know we lost to a 1-11 NW team, and Deion is bringing in an unprecedented number of new guys. But there are far more questions for Colorado than there are for Nebraska.

This sums it up in a nutshell as to why.  I’ll be the first to eat crow if I’m wrong, but pretty confident I won’t be.

On 8/23/2023 at 12:53 PM, Lorewarn said:

For me it's just countering the never-ending delusion. We've had 6 losing seasons in a row, and even after as much humbling as you could possibly imagine we still have large swaths of the fanbase predicting 7-9 wins and looking down their nose at other programs. I don't give a s#!t if we're playing the Omaha School of the Deaf and Blind, the overwhelming majority of our losing in the last decade has been beating ourselves rather than the opposing team beating us, and we suck until we actually show that we don't. The reality is that we might not actually, but we don't know that yet.

And what exactly do you have to lose, as a fan, entering a new season with a new coach, being hopeful that we might be improved?

I get having some doubts but last I checked there is no governing body ruling after the fact if you were right or wrong. Fans are supposed to have elevated expectations and then be happy or sad after the games are played. At least to me it seems to be more fun that way.

So, until proven otherwise, we’re gonna kick Minny’s and CU’s and Wiscy’s and Iowa’s a$$ this season. There aren’t any bonus points awarded for saying “I told ya so” 3 months from now.

• TBH 4
37 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

And what exactly do you have to lose, as a fan, entering a new season with a new coach, being hopeful that we might be improved?

I get having some doubts but last I checked there is no governing body ruling after the fact if you were right or wrong. Fans are supposed to have elevated expectations and then be happy or sad after the games are played. At least to me it seems to be more fun that way.

So, until proven otherwise, we’re gonna kick Minny’s and CU’s and Wiscy’s and Iowa’s a$$ this season. There aren’t any bonus points awarded for saying “I told ya so” 3 months from now.

I am hopeful. I just don't expect.

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I would probably put Bret Bielema at number 4.  He may have failed at Arkansas but he didn't at Wisconsin.

I would agree. Dude won big at wiscy and has put some juice into Illinois. Fickell lost at Ohio state, fleck has been the annoying version of ferentz.  We will see with Rhule but I am buying what he is selling. 

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

These is essentially a list of the top teams. Rhule is the only exception -- a highly ranked coach for a low ranked team. 

Yeah, I don't really get much out of it.

But it would stand to reason that the best coaches should have the best teams.

Bielema probably underrated, tbh.  Other than that, I don't see huge issues.

• Mavric unpinned this topic