New Defensive Coordinator - TONY WHITE

TGHusker

40 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Nebraska sent blitzes pretty often today. I thought La Tech did a decent job of getting the ball out quickly and finding openings in the defense, particularly when Nebraska rushed 5 or more. Nebraska just wasn't getting good pressure or getting off blocks.

Seems like the defense was dragging a little this week after going ballz out for the last 3 weeks. Makes me pretty worried about the Michigan game...

• TBH 1

Our defensive line got mugged several times, should have been around half dozen holding calls. Not complaining about the refs, thought they botched some things for us and Tech. But Tech also had a quick hit passing game and the quarterback looked to be very aware in the pocket and credit to him, he was able to avoid the pressure we did get.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

Nebraska sent blitzes pretty often today. I thought La Tech did a decent job of getting the ball out quickly and finding openings in the defense, particularly when Nebraska rushed 5 or more. Nebraska just wasn't getting good pressure or getting off blocks.

I will have to rewatch. But, it didn’t seem like we were stunting as much as previous games. 

2 hours ago, Enhance said:

Yeah it can be kind of tricky to get pressure against those air raid offenses sometimes.

I bet we sack the Michigan QB at least once or twice even though they don't pass much and have a much better offensive line than LA Tech.

11 hours ago, ZRod said:

Seems like the defense was dragging a little this week after going ballz out for the last 3 weeks. Makes me pretty worried about the Michigan game...

They were also missing Leinhart for the whole game and Reimer for most of it.  Those are two high energy athletic guys.  Their replacements not so much.  I thought the DBs came up big in run support.  

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Agree. He’s a prime example of what a change in Staff and system can do for a player. 

That and the fact that a large number of linemen take until their Jr or RJr year to come into their own. All of the talk about how he should have been an OG was misplaced, 2 different coaching staffs in a row saw him as a DT/NT so I will trust them over the message board crowd.

• TBH 1
  • 1 month later...