Coaching Carousel 2022 Pt 2 - Who succeeds - Poll

TGHusker

Which coaches will be successful?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So the bulk of the coaching changes have been made.  Who will succeed, who will flop. 

We will use 2027 as the measuring stick.  That is 5 years.  Our FHC, not to be named, was given 

5 years.  We know how that panned out but I digress. Looking forward who do you think will have

had a successful run - either they remain coaching at their new school and have upgraded the program or

they parlayed their success to a newer, higher level coaching opportunity.

Here are the coaches that I selected.  Some are included because of their current or past Big 10 connection.

Some, were considered as candidates (by us HB experts:P) for the Nebraska gig,  one has former ties to Nebraska (Beck)

and one just because it involves my hometown of Tulsa:smokin (but also has Big 10 ties). 

The first question in the poll is multiple choice - so select all that you believe will be considered a success..   Those with the

lowest score we, as a group, would consider them a flop/dud/failure/a Frost :o

Matt Rhule, Nebraska
Luke Fickell, Wisconsin
Ryan Walters, Purdue
Jeff Brohm, Louisville
Hugh Freeze, Auburn
Jamey Chadwell, Liberty
Tim Beck, Coastal Carolina
Deion Sanders, Colorado
Troy Taylor, Stanford
Scott Satterfield, Cincinnati
Kevin Wilson, Tulsa
Tom Herman, Florida Atlantic
  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

If we're talking about a 5-year timeline, then only 1 or 2 will both be successful and at that school in 5 years. I picked Rhule and Chadwell. I think 1 or 2 more will be successful but jump to another program before 5 years.

samesies-gif-4.gif

Some of my thinking:  I agree wt @RedDenver on Rhule and Chadwell.   Chadwell may jump before 5 years but he seems to be a guy who likes to build where he is at. I think Rhule will be the guy who gets Nebraska back into the top tier but it won't be overnight.

Fickell - I think he will succeed but Wisky will be a more difficult place for success going forward.  

Brohm- be careful what you wish for Louisville when you want a favorite son to come home.  We have the wounds to say it doesn't always turn out well

Wilson - the AAC is losing Cinci, UCF, Houston - much easier opportunity for Tulsa to be a consistent winner in that conference.  Tulsa has done decently in years past even though they are one of the smallest schools in either G5 or P5 ranks.  Wilson will get them back on top of their conference.

Herman - too good of a coach not to succeed.  Both Wilson and Herman can be overbearing and arrogant, but they know how to coach offense. 

Beck - first time HC.  Tough act to follow Chadwell.   I'll be surprised if he is still there in 5 years.

Freeze - watch Auburn chew him up and spit him out in 4 years.

Sanders -  maybe he  succeeds if the Pac 12 loses Oregon and Washington to the Big 10.  Otherwise he will find that he is no longer at Jackson State

• Plus1 1

Rhule, Fickell, Walters, Brohm.

Sanders too, but doubt he stays beyond 3 seasons.  Year 4 I see him going to Miss St, Ole Miss, G.Tech, Missouri, Arkansas, etc....

Liberty has already been successful because of what H. Freeze built, so I doubt Liberty becomes more successful. Will remain the around the same.  The unique thing is they are Independent like Notre Dame (which who knows if the Irish will remain like that in 5 years)

Wishing success for Coach Beck though :)

3 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

So, 95% think Rhule is the right guy but 75%  also think he will fail.   Hm.  ?  

Hard to reconcile that.  

This isn't hard at all in the mind of a Nebraska fan. He does seem like the perfect fit, but I also simply expect everything to fail at this point.  I simultaneously think it can work, think he is the right guy, am hopeful it will work, while also fully expecting it will all end horribly.

• TBH 1