OT Grant Brix

AlaSker

HuskerBoard Predictor  

41 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Brix commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

24 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

We definitely have a shot with Brix, but that jump from On3 came about 3 weeks ago. So not really any new information.

Also plays it close to the vest so I doubt you’ll get a whole lot leading up. 

• TBH 1

9 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

This may sound like a dumb question but when does high school football exactly start up?  I'm asking to get a rough estimate of the timeline of if we could potentially gain his commitment soon or wait way longer?

In Nebraska practices officially start August 7th.  I would guess a lot of schools do conditioning work the week before that.  The first games are on about August 25th.

I doubt many states are later than that.  I'm sure some states are earlier, like Texas.

22 hours ago, Mavric said:

In Nebraska practices officially start August 7th.  I would guess a lot of schools do conditioning work the week before that.  The first games are on about August 25th.

I doubt many states are later than that.  I'm sure some states are earlier, like Texas.

Unfortunately here in KS we  are a week behind NE schools. We dont start practice until the August 14th, and our first game is Sept. 2nd

• Plus1 1
23 hours ago, Mavric said:

This is the same as Iowa. We run same schedule, with a small few playing week 0, which is the week prior 

10 hours ago, AlaSker said:

Nobody cares because no recruitable kids come from Alaska. But practice starts Monday before August starts. Then the first week is jamboree time where local schools scrimmage each other. Then game day is second Friday/Saturday  of August.

Interesting though ! That is pretty early. Due to weather assuming?

On 7/18/2023 at 9:04 PM, Mavric said:

1st scrimmage here is the 12th of August.

32 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

1st scrimmage here is the 12th of August.

Iowa is currently on their “Dead Week”, with absolutely no school sponsored events of any kind. Most kids and coaches use this time to vacation, especially those kids who play summer sports. Next week will involve many schools put on their own “camps”, which a legal way to kind of begin the process before the season officially kicks off Aug 7

19 minutes ago, HANC said:

Iowa is currently on their “Dead Week”, with absolutely no school sponsored events of any kind. Most kids and coaches use this time to vacation, especially those kids who play summer sports. Next week will involve many schools put on their own “camps”, which a legal way to kind of begin the process before the season officially kicks off Aug 7

I am so glad I don't coach FB anymore.  The season gets longer and longer.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • Mavric changed the title to OT Grant Brix
  • Mavric pinned this topic