** 2023 Opponent Preview : Colorado (Game 2) **

TGHusker

7 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

I do remember the 2005 game well. The other example doesn't make clear who the fans were, but it'd be safe to assume that it was CSU fans since it was a field rushing scenario and they were the team that dominated and won.

I've got no love for CU fans and that 2005 'eject the entire student section' incident is hilarious and pathetic, but the NU fanbase's folklore about how monstrous the weed smoking hippies in Boulder are has always been silly and overblown and barely more than urban legend to me.

I don't know man.  Back in the 90s, I ended up in Denver the Saturday of the CU game.  We found the Colorado for Huskers watch site.  The front of the bar was filled with CU fans.  We had a room in back.  We won handily.  When I left in my car that had a Husker sticker on it, someone had put something in my brakes that made it smoke like crazy.  Had to pull over to a garage and have them check out my brakes.  Things were very different back then with CU fans.

• Haha 1

That OG not getting a waiver doesn’t seem to bode well for Arik Gilbert’s chances. He cited documented mental health as well and came up from the FCS level. Kinda sad to be honest. Meanwhile the LB they got from ASU is on his 4th team and will be eligible just because he’s a graduate. NCAA continues to baffle me.

• TBH 1

2 hours ago, Caliborn72 said:

That OG not getting a waiver doesn’t seem to bode well for Arik Gilbert’s chances. He cited documented mental health as well and came up from the FCS level. Kinda sad to be honest. Meanwhile the LB they got from ASU is on his 4th team and will be eligible just because he’s a graduate. NCAA continues to baffle me.

Arik for sure ain’t getting his if LSU/Georgia ain’t playing ball. Good luck to him in the draft. 

• Plus1 1
On 8/26/2023 at 12:30 PM, Caliborn72 said:

Last Chance cU?

• Oh Yeah! 1