** 2023 Opponent Preview : Colorado (Game 2) **

TGHusker

5 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

You can visit the locker at Nebraska and find five guys who are as big as D1 lineman and they aren't any good.  The comments I read said they were small.  I read through their O-line roster and they have some big guys.  I don't know if they are any good I just know they aren't small.  Unless all their measurements are big lies unlike the usual bumps players get on rosters.

Lazy argument and I take the bait every time.

You don't know whether are any good or not.  We have seen some poor performances over the last decade, but that can be said for every aspect of Nebraska football.  For whatever reason, some ignore the turnovers, penalties, missed tackles, bad field position, missed field goals and poor overall management just so they can say how awful the O Line is.

How can you judge the O-Line when they "haven't even played yet"?  You believe in Prime.  Give the Huskers a chance brother.

4 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Lazy argument and I take the bait every time.

You don't know whether are any good or not.  We have seen some poor performances over the last decade, but that can be said for every aspect of Nebraska football.  For whatever reason, some ignore the turnovers, penalties, missed tackles, bad field position, missed field goals and poor overall management just so they can say how awful the O Line is.

How can you judge the O-Line when they "haven't even played yet"?  You believe in Prime.  Give the Huskers a chance brother.

Well I've watched Nebraska football over the last couple of years and most of the line are guys I've watched play.  and two of them have been pretty bad and one of those two I believe had the lowest grade for his position.  And its not that I believe in Prime or not I was just commenting on saying they have the worst roster in the country when the guys says they have a couple NFL guys.  There will be teams that have zero players make it to the NFL or even get looks.  Wouldn't that make those teams have a worse roster?  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

2 hours ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

Interesting article here; I really hope Coach Prime falls flat on his face. What a douche nozzle. 

He can do it this way because he doesn’t need the job.  He has basically pushed all his chips to center of the pot because there’s no risk.

The transfer portal is still fairly new, so I doubt there is any real comparisons to Primes roster management.

I think it’s reckless and doesn’t resemble anything I’ve ever learned on building organizational capability/improvement/culture.  The guy is so smooth and confident I think he will come out looking good from the dumpster fire he created.

It was a couple years until Frost’s “look what we did at UCF” wore off.  I think it’ll be the same for Prime.  “Great speech coach, we don’t win”.

• TBH 1
2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

CU was 1-11 last year, so they are more likely to be better this year. Just because the floor can't get much lower.

That may be true, but there are like 10 guys on that entire campus that are still on or involved with the team this year.  It is a completely different roster and team from last year.  Still doesn't mean they are going to be any good, but this is one team where you really can't look at the past to gauge the future.

• TBH 2
5 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Well I've watched Nebraska football over the last couple of years and most of the line are guys I've watched play.  and two of them have been pretty bad and one of those two I believe had the lowest grade for his position.  And its not that I believe in Prime or not I was just commenting on saying they have the worst roster in the country when the guys says they have a couple NFL guys.  There will be teams that have zero players make it to the NFL or even get looks.  Wouldn't that make those teams have a worse roster?  

You've made good solid points. 

But you are doing it wrong.  You are supposed to take a s#!t on Colorado and make fun of every other opponent, or else the Husker fam will think you are "high or drunk". ;) And don't joke either, because that is only limited to some people. :)  

I agree with you that it is stupid for Luginbill - CFB analyst - or anyone else to say that CU has the worst roster in CFB.  Really? Like, hello Duke, Vanderbilt, both New Mexico teams, Temple, Hawaii, Akron, Northwestern, Colorado State, etc, etc.... the list goes on.  CU might not be mighty coming off a 1-11 season with this new team and new coach, but to say it is the worse in football doesn't make sense.  But I do love blunt opinions tho, so it's okay to speak one's mind.  

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
7 hours ago, Mavric said:

I think what Tom Lugenbill is doing is trying to use both sides of the coin to prop up Prime or excuse him this year.  Which sucks because this guy has been a knowledgeable sideline reporter for years.  But he is creating a narrative for the future.

I will give you 2 examples.

If CU plays like crap and finishes with 2-3 wins, he can come back and say "It's not Coach Prime's fault - he had a terrible roster....."

If CU pulls out a miracle and wins 4-6 games, he can come back and say "I said before the season how it was the worse roster in football.... we need to credit Coach Prime for......"

I know it sounds crazy, but that's the formula to protect or prop someone in authority for down the road.  

I don't how they will do to be perfectly honest.  But I will be interested at first.  And as long as Nebraska beats CU I will not care if Coach Prime wins 3 or 6 or 8 games, including TCU.