Are you suprised?

Highway6

I don't want to turn into Minnesota. The Golden Gophers were titans of college football in the 1930s & won a national championship as recently as 1960. They dropped off a cliff after that and have only recently become a contender in their own conference again.

I concur, and this was my original concern when you fire not one but two coaches who win over 70 percent of their games.
Neither Solich nor Pelini were going to get us where we want to be. Callahan wasn't an improvement over Solich (when you factor in Cosgrove), and it remains to be seen if Riley is an improvement over Pelini.

Nobody is beating down Frank's door to get him back to coaching a Power 5 school, though. It'll be interesting to see if anyone wants Pelini in years to come.

You could be right, but I would feel better about keeping coaches who had us on the threshold, as to coaches who have never been in the neighborhood.

We were on the threshold?

I guess you forgot the back to back Big 12 championship games where we were a play or two away from winning.

But by all means, let's continue with the revisionist history.

2009 was fine. 2010 we jumped to a 17-0 and then managed to give up 20 unanswered points. We didn't score in the second half. We certainly weren't a play or two away from winning that game.

We weren't a winner. Mike Riley took over a winning program in record only. But by all means, let's revise history.

You'll also need to revise the career winning percentages of both Pelini and Riley. I am no longer certain how to calculate them. Apparently it is not simply division of total games won and total games coached.

I am, but I now think it was because my expectations were too high.

This program was on the brink of a catastrophic meltdown. I was of the opinion that all that was needed was a coaching change.

It is now clear to me that we don't have the horses on D to be a conference champ level program.

I'm not giving up because I still think they can have a great year, but I am curious to see how this staff will address its gap via recruiting.

The last time the Huskers went 1-2 was in 1981.

And they won their next 8 games and lost to Clemson in the Orange Bowl. No one knows what will happen.

Some of you guys need to quit speaking in absolutes. Nebraska has lost 2 games to teams that at this pont look decent. Whatch some other games people, I haven't seen any team that looks unbeatable this year.

• Fire 2

I don't want to turn into Minnesota. The Golden Gophers were titans of college football in the 1930s & won a national championship as recently as 1960. They dropped off a cliff after that and have only recently become a contender in their own conference again.

I concur, and this was my original concern when you fire not one but two coaches who win over 70 percent of their games.
Neither Solich nor Pelini were going to get us where we want to be. Callahan wasn't an improvement over Solich (when you factor in Cosgrove), and it remains to be seen if Riley is an improvement over Pelini.

Nobody is beating down Frank's door to get him back to coaching a Power 5 school, though. It'll be interesting to see if anyone wants Pelini in years to come.

dude, that was 6 and 5 years ago. You know how relevant that is? About as relevant as Mich st goin 7-6 in 2012. Two years beyond that.

Just another pelini battlecry. "We were close".

You could be right, but I would feel better about keeping coaches who had us on the threshold, as to coaches who have never been in the neighborhood.

We were on the threshold?

I guess you forgot the back to back Big 12 championship games where we were a play or two away from winning.

But by all means, let's continue with the revisionist history.

I appreciate this board and other social media for confirming my dislike of most of the Husker fan base.

Some of you are just beyond reason. This is game THREE of a new era. We all expected some bumps along the way. Calm tf down and keep supporting this team and staff. Bashing the coaches, or kids isn't going help the matter. We were essentially 2 plays away from 3-0 and lost to two pretty damned decent teams.

But, keep bashing away or complaining.

If you aren't going to support this team and this staff in its infancy, then go find another team to root or bash for. I hear Ole Miss is doing pretty good.

Pathetic adults.

• Fire 2

I love how it only took three weeks for everyone to see the writing on the wall. Now we are sitting here hoping we can just get to .500 to make a bowl game. Didn't take us long to turn into Oregon State.

Let's just face it. We are an irrelevant program. Mike Riley and his "oh shucks" clown crew isn't going to to make it better. We did the right thing moving on from Bo, but when you fire a coach who never won less than 9 games a season, you go get an upgrade. Face it - we downgraded. We're doomed to accepting "heart" and "effort" instead of winning games.

Meanwhile, the supposed "weak" Big 10 West is getting stronger and making strides, while we joke around with this clown crew.

I'll start by saying I am as frustrated as anyone that we haven't won a conference title since 1999. It's been way too long, obviously, and those who have been on this board much longer than I have no doubt have debated the many reasons.

I currently view the glass as half full vs. half empty. We could very easily be 2-1 at this point had Armstrong simply ran a few more seconds off the clock when we had the ball late against BYU. However it is what it is at 1-2.

I am proud of the kids and they way they battle. I like the way Reilly smiles and apparently interacts positively with the refs. Does anyone on here think Pelini had it figured out with the way he pouted on the sidelines? Although I don't know for sure, I'm guessing Reilly is smart enough to realize it makes no sense to fight with the officials, who have the whistle and the last word.

Lastly we are only 3 games into the current season. No one promised it was going to be easy. I am not looking for a championship at this point. I am looking for this team to continue to fight, learn more about its identity, and make improvements along the way.

Go Big Red!