***Official Illinois Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

Gotta like the defense so far, but if you watch this pass defense and don't think the CB's are just not playing smart, then you're insane. These guys have no feel for reading the receiver or playing the ball. NONE.

I agree if you are saying they have no situational awareness for the receiver or ball. They are playing "lost" IMO.

Interesting all the people saying a defense on pace to give up 500 yards is playing great

Points allowed > Yards allowed.

This defense needs confidence right now. Preserving goose eggs will provide it.

Literally ANY competent team would have points on us right now (2 missed field goals and a failure to convert 4and1). I'm sick of the moral victories, it's what turns into blowouts against good teams. And those are coming.

I never thought I'd see Nebraska get shutout for a quarter by the incompetent Illinois defense. But hey... we're up 7-0 so we're gonna win the west now!

I bet you also never thought that you would need to see a play of the year type play by Ameer last year for us to survive McNeese State either. I have an honest question for you, what is your purpose on here other than to nit pick and complain about everything right now? Is is because Bo is gone? You don't like Riley? A combo of both? I am not saying that everyone should be kool aid drinkers because no player or coach (to include TO for two piss poor HC hires) should be above criticism, but when you complain about the new staff failing in four plus games to get better results than the staff that recruited these players did, it makes you look like a scored lover and you lose all credibility. NOt that you seem to care, but whatever.

The answer I was looking for is 408. Thanks for playing though!

A good team can play poorly against a bad team (we were a good team last year). Did we win a close one against a team we should have stomped? Sure. All good teams have the capacity to have a let down game (look at MSU v Purdue this year, OSU against VT last year, OSU v Indiana this year). But this years team is consistently coming out flat, we have the WORST PASS DEFENSE IN THE NCAA, got blown out by Miami (and yes, it was a blow out despite our last minute heroics set up by them taking their foot off the gas), and lost to a BYU team that shouldn't have been in a position to win the game in the first damned place.

We don't have a good team. I'm upset that we have a mediocre football team. I give 0 fu#*$ who the coach is. I'm tired of the bullsh#t excuses, strawmen, and finger pointing. The more I see this team play, the more I realize we made a bad hire. But yeah, go and attack me instead of actually looking at our football team and wondering how we got so bad so fast.

Hint... it's not the last coach's fault.

But sunshine pumpers I ask you this. If Bo was coach, would you be defending this team's performance the way you do with Riley. Be honest.