Fire Cavanaugh

14 hours ago, bnilhome said:

I agree....how you play in a game situation is what should determine the starting QB.  We now know how Tanner plays, and in the clutch he choked big time.  I would say if he struggles in the next game that should be competitive (which should realistically be a few weeks out), then POB needs to get a shot.  Heck, even in a game like today, when it was obvious Tanner was out of rhythm, why not let POB in for a drive or two, and if POB does well, keep him in.  If not, at least Lee has a few drives to reset and potentially go back out and perform better.  I don't believe in this theory that a player's confidence would be shaken if he is removed as a starter.  Lee's confidence was already shaken.  

Before the season started, i watched a couple of Tulane games to see him in game action.  I'm no genius but what i saw in his Tulane games was exactly what we saw vs Oregon.  Holding onto the ball way too long, forcing plays, not accurate, etc.  I kept seeing before the season that his stats at Tulane weren't all his fault -- bad O-Line, too many youngsters on offense and whatever else would give hope that he could be better than what i saw.   But, games i saw, most of the bad plays were directly on him.  Even last week, he was trying to force into double coverage and i knew he got away with a lot in that game - he should have been picked off several times vs ASU.

The only way I say fire him would be if Knevel keeps his starting position over Farniok. Farniok showed us last weekend that he is AT LEAST equal to Knevel if not better. I think better but its all in the eye of the beholder. And in that case play the freshman in hopes he can be a four year starter like Gates. Knevel had his shot, he didnt do enough to be handed his spot back after injury. If Cavanaugh gives it to him, it will show he doesnt have a clue.