What did we learn-Game 3 NIU

JJ Husker

1 hour ago, C-4 said:

Excuses for? Look a couple posts above the one you quoted and you'll see I already stated this is the worst performance I've ever seen from us in all my years of watching. My point in the post you quoted is that it took this kind of performance and this tornado of bad luck for NIU to win by four late in the game. AkSt meanwhile flat out played better than us for 60 minutes.

I'm not blowing Nebraska rainbows at all, particularly about today, so what exactly is the point of your over-the-top heated post?

Where to begin...the flu?  That's  good place to start.  WTF?  They were "lucky" to have the right defense in place and better players on the field that resulted in INTs for TDs...I could go on but the fact is clear.  We aren't as good as NIU.  They came to our house, cashed our paycheck and beat us.  All. Day. Long.  They beat us.  I give some credit to our defense for stopping them most of the game but what is clear is that when it REALLY MATTERED our defense crumbled too.  Their last drive made me crazy.  NIU is legit.  Cheers to them, a program on the rise.  

10 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Talent gap is glaring.  Oregon is laying the wood to Wyoming.  Last two games we have allowed 56 first half points.  Even though our offense gave up the 14 today, nevertheless we have been outscored 56-14.  

See how fast most teams receivers are compared to our............

The talent gap is pretty glaring.  According to 247, we have the 29th-most talent in the country.  Northern Illinois is 90th.

So they were able to do a pretty astounding job of overcoming that gap.

• Plus1 3

53 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Where to begin...the flu?  That's  good place to start.  WTF?  They were "lucky" to have the right defense in place and better players on the field that resulted in INTs for TDs...I could go on but the fact is clear.  We aren't as good as NIU.  They came to our house, cashed our paycheck and beat us.  All. Day. Long.  They beat us.  I give some credit to our defense for stopping them most of the game but what is clear is that when it REALLY MATTERED our defense crumbled too.  Their last drive made me crazy.  NIU is legit.  Cheers to them, a program on the rise.  

Your gripes aren't even reflective of my post. You feel I am apologizing for Riley and the team, more specifically that I said Neb is better an NIU. My thoughts couldn't be anything farther from that (I never said anything on the latter as my comparison was between AkSt and NIU, not NEB and NIU). I also explicitly stated this game was the worst NU showing I've ever watched. You need to go barking up another tree if you're looking for a Riley apologist.