***Official Illinois Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

4 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

This is pressure.  I don't know if Riles ever had pressure on him anywhere else........?  We as fans cringe every time Lee passes the ball, how do you think Riley feels each pass!:blink:

Optimistic? Excited?  He lives and dies by the pass.  I almost feel like this is a trick question.

This win at least might lend some thoughts towards the NIU loss as a fluke.  It was a win.  A much needed win for a staff and team thats needs some good vibes coming their way right now.  The emotion factor seems to me to be a sign that Riley is done after this season and the writing is on the wall.  Players kind of feel this pressure right now as well.  If they can't have fun and enjoy winning this game, it might be a long road ahead.

10 minutes ago, Zacharias said:

You're right let's just pull out lineman when they are being physically dominant. You have to let your big boys set a tone. I would like more of that earlier in the game. It's a shame we Play with no emotion.

Almost prevented the offense from running out the clock.  It's one thing to play through the whistle, it's another thing when the play is clearly over.

Just got home from the game, and of the 6 games I have been to in the Mike Riley era, this was by far the most complete game they have played.  I realize Illinois is not a super team, but they were not great in 2015 either when Nebraska lost to them.  Overall the defense played great and put a lot of pressure on the QB.  The offense did well and I only saw one really bad decision by Lee this game, and thankfully Illinois did not intercept it.  There have been very noticeable improvements since the NIU fiasco, and I am hopeful now that the game next week against Wisconsin will be competitive.  

2 hours ago, bnilhome said:

Just got home from the game, and of the 6 games I have been to in the Mike Riley era, this was by far the most complete game they have played.  I realize Illinois is not a super team, but they were not great in 2015 either when Nebraska lost to them.  Overall the defense played great and put a lot of pressure on the QB.  The offense did well and I only saw one really bad decision by Lee this game, and thankfully Illinois did not intercept it.  There have been very noticeable improvements since the NIU fiasco, and I am hopeful now that the game next week against Wisconsin will be competitive.  

Agree. Not saying this is a great performance, but it was a 4 quarter quality performance. Won easily as we should have.

There've been few and far between in the Riley era.

5 hours ago, alwayshusking said:

Their QB couldn't make the basic quick screen throw. Rutgers is better on the whole imo.

At least this week the Huskers took care of business and won easily.

I could't believe they were running Crouch as much as they were early on.  I was like wow this guy must truly not be able to throw and sure enough when he did throw he was terrible.