** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

12 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Moore, maybe Williams? Who else you thinking Matty? I think we could possibly hold onto the other 8, a punchers chance anyway.

Isn't Mario looking around?

I think the only 3 that are safe at this point are Masry, Cam, and Farniok.

Edited by Red Five
14 hours ago, Edison's Enemy said:

Strangely enough, my wife’s cousin is actually dating that chick. Like the actual chick in the picture. They’ve been together longer than my wife and me.

So tell me  - what is the process for her to be in that gif and get it spread throughout the net?  Always wonder how these things start. 

19 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Second rule of the internet: Clay Travis should be ignored at all costs. 

Not looking to derail the thread by any means but Travis is right a lot more often than he's wrong.  He called the ESPN decline a while ago.  He's definitely an acquired taste.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Xmas32 said:

Not looking to derail the thread by any means but Travis is right a lot more often than he's wrong.  He called the ESPN decline a while ago.  He's definitely an acquired taste.

Yea, you're gonna derail the thread with that one. I'm not going to push it along. 

• Plus1 1

Question about recruiting.  

First off, I don't care if the recruiting class suffers as long as we bring in the right guy to rebuild the program. The recruiting classes will rebuild wt the right guy. 

With that said, If we announce  Scott Frost as our new coach on Jan 2 - what do you think will happen with this recruiting class?   Will we get a fresh look by players who had never considered NU?  Will decommits look at us again? Or Will the class be a 'loss' as it is too late to build it back up?

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

First off, I don't care if the recruiting class suffers as long as we bring in the right guy to rebuild the program. The recruiting classes will rebuild wt the right guy. 

With that said, If we announce  Scott Frost as our new coach on Jan 2 - what do you think will happen with this recruiting class?   Will we get a fresh look by players who had never considered NU?  Will decommits look at us again? Or Will the class be a 'loss' as it is too late to build it back up?

This year will be wildly different than any other, because of the early signing date. Half of the class could decommit and sign on the early signing date, and Frost/New Coach won't have a chance to recruit them. 

• Plus1 1
44 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Isn't Mario looking around?

I think the only 3 that are safe at this point are Masry, Cam, and Farniok.

I thought so until the most recent comments from him, his mom and his step mom. Proximity is huge with him. And I think he/ they like the University and place just as much as they do the coaches.

Agree on 3 you listed. 

Cam Brown: Just a gut feeling that Frost's O would really appeal to him. He'll have suitors though.

Wildeman: He's the wildcard. He is committed due to Diaco. If Diaco leaves it will probably depend on how much he's fallen in love with N. He'll have a few other options.

Alston: Frankly not sure he has much better options. 

Pickering: Not sure here. 

3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I would say take a look at the changes in Minnesota after Fleck was hired. Very similar careers. Have to take into account their past recruiting, but should be a similar change I imagine. 

4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I know this is a generic answer, but probably a combo.

SF will have connections that will bring new interest. His top two rated commits at UCF are from Iowa and KS. His QB commit at UCF is from Mich.

He will build relationships with some of current commits/targets. Any retained coaches will have built relationships to help bridge.

And frankly you might see a couple instate guys (Snodgrass at York), that maybe typically would just miss out but get one this year. 

8 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Imo if Frost is our next coach we will know well before Jan. 2

• Plus1 3
16 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

For example look at when Riley came. 

New interest he brought: Alston, Barnett, Stevenson, Barry, Ferguson, Reed, Davis, Talan, Over.

Commits/Targets he built relationships with: Morgan, Davis x2, Neal, Gaylord, Decker, Young.

Retained coach helped bridge relationship: Ozigbo, Williams, Anderson, Lee.

Edited by Warrior10
6 minutes ago, HuskerMan said:

Imo if Frost is our next coach we will know well before Jan. 2

I was thinking we might not announce until after the bowl.  So, if we announce at end of reg season, he won't be coaching in the Jan 1 bowl (assumes he gets to one) or we allow him to coach as we did Bo when he was LSU's DC?    If we indeed announce after the regular season, then I think we will have time to salvage the class and perhaps improve it as Scott is the hot name now.