** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Isn't that show just some fans speculating?

Yes.  

“Players unanimously want Scott Frost.” — whatever.  Most of the players probably don’t even know who he is!

Also, the players have not been told that Riley is done at the end of the year.  So Moos states publicly that he doesn’t fire coaches in season, yet somehow wants the team to be informed that Riley is done?  That’s total b.s. 

Blackshirt Alert Show = fake news .

All of our “soothsayers” — hey let’s throw a hundred things out there and see what sticks !

• Plus1 1

If Frost does decide to stay at UCF one more season, I am sorry, but I would almost say go ahead and keep Riley one more year. So I hope Nebraska has seriously talked to Frost to make sure he would come if the job was available because we would be in quiet the predicament if we are one year off from when Frost would be available.

1 minute ago, Herbie Husker said:

Browsing the Gator boards, it looks like an announcement will be made either tomorrow or this week for Chip Kelly as their HC.

Thank God. They were a huge worry to stealing Frost. For whatever reason Tennessee doesn't worry me, maybe it's because they are so focused on Gruden, or maybe they still associate Frost to 1997. Either way, Florida closing is a good thing for Nebraska.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Thank God. They were a huge worry to stealing Frost. For whatever reason Tennessee doesn't worry me, maybe it's because they are so focused on Gruden, or maybe they still associate Frost to 1997. Either way, Florida closing is a good thing for Nebraska.

Agreed. I think Tennessee is more obsessed with Gruden then we are with Frost lol 

4 minutes ago, Herbie Husker said:

Browsing the Gator boards, it looks like an announcement will be made either tomorrow or this week for Chip Kelly as their HC.

I am hoping it becomes official this week and if it isn't I will be a tad nervous going into the following week. I'm pretty confident it will go down sometime this week. Usually vetting means there is mutual interest so all it takes now is an official offer and then the details can get worked out. News would break about Chip to UF before the ink is dried if all that is left is getting some details worked out and then officially signed. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

I am hoping it becomes official this week and if it isn't I will be a tad nervous going into the following week. I'm pretty confident it will go down sometime this week. Usually vetting means there is mutual interest so all it takes now is an official offer and then the details can get worked out. News would break about Chip to UF before the ink is dried if all that is left is getting some details worked out and then officially signed. 

Im confident the contract will be good once the vetting is complete.  No way they vet without the intent of him being their guy.  

5 minutes ago, HANC said:

I am confident that Kelly is next HC at Florida.  Wish I was as confident in Frost coming to Nebraska.  I stick with my original prediction that he stays put.  Just wish I knew who our 2nd choice is.

If Frost stays at UCF instead of coming to Nebraska, man that would be a punch to the gut. 

• Plus1 5
4 minutes ago, HANC said:

I am confident that Kelly is next HC at Florida.  Wish I was as confident in Frost coming to Nebraska.  I stick with my original prediction that he stays put.  Just wish I knew who our 2nd choice is.

Is there a reason he wouldn't just come out and say it then? He has done interviews and been asked specifically about Nebraska and Florida and just laughs and says "I'm focused on this right now, I can't listen to all that stuff". If he really was going to stay wouldn't he just straight up say "I'm not interested in leaving UCF". Every quote I have read or heard has been vague and non-committal.

• Plus1 4

Frost may have told them he is staying at UCF before Nebraska offered, or because he didn't want Nebraska deal leaked to press. Either way it doesn't worry me too much. If he doesn't take our offer now he never will. What would waiting 1 year do? If this is his dream job as he has said publicly he won't turn it down 

• Plus1 4